Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 02:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Would love to see this happen eventually. Too bad one of the prototypes burned on the ramp at Prescott awhile ago. Hopefully they will figure out the battery situation and make this thing a reality:

https://airwaysmag.com/cape-air-elec...e%20newsletter

Sorta funky looking. The design has been changed from the original too.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:18 PM
Don't need that HUD!

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B777/B787 - Flight Test

Effective May 3rd, 2022, Cape Air has suspended hiring for its First Officer Program until further notice. This suspension is due to the high number of First Officers that breach their commitment upon reaching ATP minimums at Cape Air’s expense.

Cape Air’s First Officer program offers a unique opportunity for aspiring professional pilots to realize their dreams by building valuable flight experience in the right seat of its aircraft. It takes a significant amount of time, money, and resources to build a pilots experience up to the flight minimums required for an ATP certificate. This opportunity and investment is lost when pilots abuse the program by resigning at the time of Captain upgrade.

First Officer - Job Posting
Old 05-06-2022, 12:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by trent890 View Post
Effective May 3rd, 2022, Cape Air has suspended hiring for its First Officer Program until further notice. This suspension is due to the high number of First Officers that breach their commitment upon reaching ATP minimums at Cape Air’s expense.

Cape Air’s First Officer program offers a unique opportunity for aspiring professional pilots to realize their dreams by building valuable flight experience in the right seat of its aircraft. It takes a significant amount of time, money, and resources to build a pilots experience up to the flight minimums required for an ATP certificate. This opportunity and investment is lost when pilots abuse the program by resigning at the time of Captain upgrade.

First Officer - Job Posting

Of course they play victim. Employment is a two way street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2022, 05:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by dapuckstopper15 View Post
Of course they play victim. Employment is a two way street.

Please. People were breaking their commitments and costing them a lot of money. Integrity counts in aviation. Now they’ll get all new pilots through various airline gateway programs.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by BravoTango View Post
Please. People were breaking their commitments and costing them a lot of money. Integrity counts in aviation. Now they’ll get all new pilots through various airline gateway programs.

There are multiple reasons why “commitments” can be “broken”. They still have to uphold their end of the bargain as well. Pilots there have been getting screwed in many different ways. Some more than others. It is a two way street. They cost themselves a lot of money by making training too long. Management gives the training department way too much to handle. The training department is filled with spectacular pilots but they’ve been overwhelmed.
The pilot group itself at times aren’t doing themselves a favor either. There are pilots there that bend over backwards and still get treated poorly. I still am in contact with several pilots there today. The union/pilot group as a whole has great people in it, but the captains shouldn’t have to be the ones to bail the company out.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2021

must be pretty lucrative to be a cape air lawyer these days
Old 05-06-2022, 09:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

So what is Cape Air's intention with this announcement? Are they trying to pressure the union to allow training contracts?
Old 05-06-2022, 10:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
So what is Cape Air's intention with this announcement? Are they trying to pressure the union to allow training contracts?

I believe the Union wants nothing to do with the training contract.

Old 05-07-2022, 04:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

FWIW. I was told by guy last spring, that he was better off paying Cape 30k to break his contract, then fly from them and be in a base he didn’t care for. He said the pay bump from the new job would cover the cost of the contract too.

Do they not have a $30k SIC bond?
Old 05-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Cape Air doesn't need F/O's on the type equipment they fly, correct? I seem to remember all their planes are single pilot but my info is dated. I guess they would need F/O's to have a feed for the Captain seats but if a high % are bailing on their contracts then I can understand them shutting down the hiring.