Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 01:16 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016

I was interviewed (via Skype) 2 years ago by Cape Air. Didnt get the position. I have seen on this forum that they have changed their mind re direct entry Captains from "off the street" and were adverse to hiring them...and I now see a few pages back that they HAVE indeed hired at least one recently. Anyone know if this policy reversal is true? I have about 4200 TT and about 1500 in twins. I am currently flying a 402, Baron and C90 in Zambia. Have an FAA ATP. Thanks for any advice! I am not a US citizen (South African) but I had been told that they can circumvent that...
Old 10-30-2018, 02:11 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by saracen View Post
I was interviewed (via Skype) 2 years ago by Cape Air. Didnt get the position. I have seen on this forum that they have changed their mind re direct entry Captains from "off the street" and were adverse to hiring them...and I now see a few pages back that they HAVE indeed hired at least one recently. Anyone know if this policy reversal is true? I have about 4200 TT and about 1500 in twins. I am currently flying a 402, Baron and C90 in Zambia. Have an FAA ATP. Thanks for any advice! I am not a US citizen (South African) but I had been told that they can circumvent that...
Without a right to live and work in the US, getting hired as a pilot is not easy.
I'm not sure who told you that they can circumvent it. Looking at the stats, Cape Air has not sponsored anyone for work visa.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:43 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Quick ? here! Is the week of online ground paid? Also, how much time per day is spent dedicated to it, the modules? Thanks! Just curious...
Old 10-31-2018, 04:14 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Without a right to live and work in the US, getting hired as a pilot is not easy.
I'm not sure who told you that they can circumvent it. Looking at the stats, Cape Air has not sponsored anyone for work visa.
They told me that themselves...at the interview.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:01 AM
In a land of unicorns

They told me that themselves...at the interview.
Ok. Cape has sponsored 0 work visas in CONUS, and 1 for ATR FO in Guam.
It takes about a year to do the process and the cap is hit every year during the first half. So if you intend to go through that route, you need to start the interview process pretty soon.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:23 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Ok. Cape has sponsored 0 work visas in CONUS, and 1 for ATR FO in Guam.
It takes about a year to do the process and the cap is hit every year during the first half. So if you intend to go through that route, you need to start the interview process pretty soon.
Well..this WAS two years ago. Their words were...we have a few slots that we can reserve for expats. When I asked how they would manage that, they said they would get me a visa as they had done it before. I obviously didnt make the selection grade and they thus took it no further. Methinks that there are so many US based folk applying, they just didnt want the hassle anyway. Did apply again..but heard nothing. I think policy is determined by demand...or lack thereof.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:44 AM
In a land of unicorns

Well..this WAS two years ago. Their words were...we have a few slots that we can reserve for expats. When I asked how they would manage that, they said they would get me a visa as they had done it before. I obviously didnt make the selection grade and they thus took it no further. Methinks that there are so many US based folk applying, they just didnt want the hassle anyway. Did apply again..but heard nothing. I think policy is determined by demand...or lack thereof.
Yeah that could well be. The visa statistics are available online, the only airline that sponsors visas by larger numbers is Skywest. The problem with the non-Aussie visas is that there is only a limited amount available every year, and they run out usually within the first third of the year. So you have to have your timing right to actually get one, even if the company is willing to sponsor it for you.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Anything new in Cape Land?
Old 11-15-2018, 03:21 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
Anything new in Cape Land?
I'm in full-swing here with a few others @ Ground School!
Old 11-15-2018, 03:26 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Position: Flight Instructor

Originally Posted by Yak3 View Post
I'm in full-swing here with a few others @ Ground School!
What is the timeline for training these days at Cape Air?

How long in ground, did you do home study 1st? If so how long did you have for that and how long did it take? What is the total time for training that you were told to expect?

Do you know when the next ground school starts, and how often they schedule a ground school?

Thanks