Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Old 05-29-2021, 02:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
Does Cape Air expect you to relocate to the base if you are assigned or do they have the ability to allow the pilot to travel to the base? I am curious about the people who have family and they own a home and not have the ability to move at the start but could afford to rent an apartment with couple of other people?

Thanks for the information.
When I was at cape air I lived in southern Maine and would commute to Rutland, VT by car for my 4 days on. As long as you show up for your work days they don't care. If you commute via airline (at least when I was there) you had to have 3 flight options to be covered. It could be different now.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:28 PM
Why did l start.....???

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: F/O
Default hiring grays

I saw on the webpage about this program. Has anyone inquired about it and can give me some info.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2021, 03:14 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2021
Default Part time or seasonal Cape pilots

Is it possible to be a seasonal pilot at Cape Air? They mention a leave of absence policy where you can retain seniority if you come back within a year. Currently working for a regional but looking to throttle back on flying a bit. Seems like that might be possible there?
Old 07-12-2021, 04:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default put in app for FO.

I was wonder with the increase of pilot movement, what the possibility of getting a call from the HR for an interview and how often should I keep putting in an app to update my flight hours.

I am hoping to get the call and hope to get an opportunity that they would hire me on as an FO. I am looking forward to a career as an airline pilot.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

From reading the thread it seems spirit airlines has only hired 10 people from cape air, is this correct? It's that low of a number?
Old 07-17-2021, 01:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by b3181981 View Post
From reading the thread it seems spirit airlines has only hired 10 people from cape air, is this correct? It's that low of a number?

It is somewhere in that range. It seems like they’re taking one or two per month. It’d be great if they upped that number but I doubt that would happen. Cape Air is struggling to keep up with the demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2021, 08:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Smile Seniority Scenario

Hello!

Few years ago a Ramp coworker at Delta became a flight attendant. She was with the company for 6 years. After the training, she was not at the bottom of FAs seniority (I am not sure, but I think they consider like 1/3 of seniority) so she got around 2 years on seniority list.
Now, lets suppose I got hired at Cape Air (Ramp, Cleaner, Scheduler, etc). After three years I finally got 1500 hours working also as part time CFI, interviewed and got a job offer. After passing the checkride as Captain, I will bid for a base as "zero seniority pilot" or I can get some advantage for being with the company for three years?

Thanks a lot!!
Old 07-17-2021, 09:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by PILOTORAY View Post
Hello!

Few years ago a Ramp coworker at Delta became a flight attendant. She was with the company for 6 years. After the training, she was not at the bottom of FAs seniority (I am not sure, but I think they consider like 1/3 of seniority) so she got around 2 years on seniority list.
Now, lets suppose I got hired at Cape Air (Ramp, Cleaner, Scheduler, etc). After three years I finally got 1500 hours working also as part time CFI, interviewed and got a job offer. After passing the checkride as Captain, I will bid for a base as "zero seniority pilot" or I can get some advantage for being with the company for three years?

Thanks a lot!!

Hey there!

Let’s say you had 3 years of seniority at Cape Air. Your 3 years of seniority would be beneficial to the benefits side of things such as non revving or health benefits (you wouldn’t have to wait 90 days for insurance to kick in), but as far as bidding purposes, you’ll be bidding at whatever your pilot seniority number is in accordance with your class date. They may default to give you the highest seniority in your class but I am not 100% sure. This would be the case at many airlines. For instance, I know someone that is currently at Delta with his original hire date as a CSA but for bidding, he bids with his pilot seniority but gets to non rev on his original hire date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2021, 10:08 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Hi there!

I got it. In fact, it makes sense. It would be unfair to the pilots being bypassed by a new one just because he was already with the company.
Yes, at Delta you bid with seniority got in your class and have original hire date seniority for Nonrev list. I do not know why flight attendants get some "seniority credit". As for pilots, seniority really starts when you pass the checkride.
Thank you so much for your quick response!
Fly safe.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Default Tecnam Update

For those in the know:

How is the transition training to the Tecnam coming along?

Will new hires be trained direct to the Tecnam or is it still the Cesnna?

How many Tecnams in the fleet now and when do you expect to complete the order?