Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ERJ right

Originally Posted by clipperskipper View Post
New hire Captain, F/O or both?
Captains. Not sure about FO's but I think most will go to STL.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by BelowMins View Post
Captains. Not sure about FO's but I think most will go to STL.
New FOs are probably going to get dumped off at the STL outstations. There's 2 open lines out here at the moment, and most likely more in the future. They've got a TDY FO covering one and had a TDY Captain covering the other last week.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Floatin' down the river in a old tube smilin'

For those of you interested in 9K, I would say stay after it. There is a mass exodus going on. Pilots getting recalled, and hired else where. I think you can expect to see this continue indefinitely. Almost every pilot in the lower half of the seniority list I have spoken with has a few irons in the fire, and many are being surprised just how quickly they are getting call backs when they send out a resume. I think this is mostly because it is well known that Cape Air produces quality pilots!

Pilots are going to various different types of jobs, because the pilots here are from various different backgrounds and have different qualifications. We are starting to see more and more Ex CFI Captains through the pipeline. This is a good sign for pilots, because when I got hired everyone in the class was either ex 121 or ex 135 and we had all just lost our jobs.

I enjoyed my time here, and my last day is later this month. Cape Air helped propel my career further than I ever thought it would. Best of luck to those applying. I will miss my coworkers. What a great group. I am sure everyone is looking forward to having a quiet crew room upon my departure
Old 03-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by Way2Broke View Post
I enjoyed my time here, and my last day is later this month. Cape Air helped propel my career further than I ever thought it would. Best of luck to those applying. I will miss my coworkers. What a great group. I am sure everyone is looking forward to having a quiet crew room upon my departure
Crap, now I get to deal with you.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by NightIP View Post
Crap, now I get to deal with you.
Just out of curiosity, where did you both go? I've already done the regional airline thing and got a couple thousand hours of turbine time, so I'm biding my time here at 9k, racking up 90-100 hours a month in RUT. Just kind of curious where us 402 guys graduate to...
Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: DA50EX

Originally Posted by Way2Broke View Post
For those of you interested in 9K, I would say stay after it. There is a mass exodus going on. Pilots getting recalled, and hired else where. I think you can expect to see this continue indefinitely. Almost every pilot in the lower half of the seniority list I have spoken with has a few irons in the fire, and many are being surprised just how quickly they are getting call backs when they send out a resume. I think this is mostly because it is well known that Cape Air produces quality pilots!

Pilots are going to various different types of jobs, because the pilots here are from various different backgrounds and have different qualifications. We are starting to see more and more Ex CFI Captains through the pipeline. This is a good sign for pilots, because when I got hired everyone in the class was either ex 121 or ex 135 and we had all just lost our jobs.

Another company believed that a John Deere requires a type rating?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by rocketman3746 View Post
Just out of curiosity, where did you both go? I've already done the regional airline thing and got a couple thousand hours of turbine time, so I'm biding my time here at 9k, racking up 90-100 hours a month in RUT. Just kind of curious where us 402 guys graduate to...
Oh man, RUT... I did my time there. I only lasted 5 months. The paycheck isn't worth it! I'm not even sure why I'm smiling...I scared the crap outta myself in Rutland. I remember landing once, going inside, and almost heaving into the trash can in ops. Good times, good times.

I guess I already outed him (sorry Mr. Way2Broke ), but I'm at Omni now. I'm #2 out of 5 9Kers to make the jump recently (or shortly for a couple of them). Way2Broke needs to hurry the hell up.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 PM
IflyApanes

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Former Air Ambulance, Flt Inst, Check Airman, Current CRJ CA
Default EAS trouble

I know this was brought up before. But....

If the EAS funding starts getting pulled, how do you think this is going to affect the company?

From what I have been able to scrape up, these are the following airports that 9k services through the EAS program...

Marion, IL
Quincy, IL
Hagerstown, MD
Rockland, ME
Cape Girardeau, MO
Lebanon, NH
Massena, NY
Ogdensburg, NY
Plattsburgh, NY
Saranac Lake/Lake Placid, NY
Lancaster, PA
Rutland, VT

Am I missing any? Thanks for your input.

Last edited by jbizon; 03-07-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: C402, on the side with the switches!

You can take Plattsburgh off that list, we lost it to Colgan.

Here are the rest:

Augusta, ME
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
Kirksville, MO
Watertown, NY
Mayaguez, PR
Ponce, PR
Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 9K CA

Ponce is a goner too. The government decided they only needed one EAS route out of there and decided it should go to JetBlue (to FLL) instead of an airline that just flies across the island (SJU).

I'm in favor of EAS sticking around since I'd probably be furloughed if it went away, but for many of the routes it makes ZERO sense financially. Why does the government pay a couple million bucks each for us to fly these Midwest routes? They are all less than a 2.5 hour drive, which is well known by us in the region because we do it often to commute out of this hellhole.

Personally, I'd like to see Cape Air expand with something a little more solid as the foundation for nearly half of its routes...but hey, who knows if we will even be around once the 402s become unflyable. Speaking of which, looks like new power settings have started to take their toll on cylinders. We replaced three jugs on two aircraft this week in STL. More to come in the name of fuel savings??