Working at Delta Private Jets

Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Working at Delta Private Jets

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:01 AM
BayBum38ft

If you have any other job, truck driver, pool cleaner, port a potty pumper outer, you are better off than being at DPJ. Trust me, other fools have not heeded my warnings and they rue the day the joined DPJ. Its a time in my life that I am trying to forget.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:24 PM

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
johnso29

My apologies if I took your comments as derisive of corporate aviation, many others were, in fact, derisive to say it mildly. Admittedly, I may have brought it on and soon the race to flame is on!

QOL is very subjective, I thrive on habits that might kill you, to paraphrase Mark Twain. I did 6 years of corporate (good company, major newspaper), 5 years of airline (EAL, absolutely hated it; 3 on, 3 off meant one was either coming or going), 18 years of AF (great or not so much, depending) and now 7 years of corporate (great to really good). But, I freely admit I've seen and been acquainted with operators that all the tea in China couldn't get me to work for. I don't understand how their pilots come to work, but they swear by their boss.

GF
No worries GF. I remember the thread quite well, & your statement wasn't entirely inaccurate. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't one of those moaning about corporate work. It's good you've found a good, enjoyable job. I feel I have one too. Many aren't as lucky as us.

I don't want the DPJ's flying. I just want Delta management to honor the contract they signed. I do I every time I come to work, heck sometimes even away from work. It'd be nice if they would honor it too.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:31 PM

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by Humidityblows View Post
This is absurd. Imagine the ****storm when delta pilots now have to prep one of these corporate jets for flight. Sorry, I can't pull pins, engine covers, get coffee/ice/newspapers/catering/clean-up after passengers deplane. It isn't in my contract.
Once again, I need to clarify that I'm not implying Delta pilots want the DPJ's flying. We just want our contract honored. After all, management signed it. That being said, I can't say I disagree with you. Heck, I can't even get some guys to say good bye to the departing pax. What would they say when we need lav service?

Originally Posted by HercDriver130 View Post
Exactly.

And I agree with DAL pilots standing up for scope.... but in this case those large jets will get their management elsewhere and Delta Private Jets will simply not have those size aircraft on their certificate. In the end they will end up chartering third party lift when they need to. DAL pilots will see no job benefit from this. From a scope standpoint, yes they have drawn a line in the sand and for that I applaud them.
My entire point has been that I just want our contract honored. I know that we are talking about two entirely different operations here, & I'm not suggesting Delta end this source of income. I just want my union to make it clear to management that it is unacceptable to knowingly violate our contract. It needs to be made clear. That's all.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Has anyone from DPV moved on to Delta main line or vise versa? Would one be "black listed" and have little chance of moving from one side to the other?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
once again, i need to clarify that i'm not implying delta pilots want the dpj's flying. We just want our contract honored. After all, management signed it. That being said, i can't say i disagree with you. Heck, i can't even get some guys to say good bye to the departing pax. What would they say when we need lav service? :d

my entire point has been that i just want our contract honored. I know that we are talking about two entirely different operations here, & i'm not suggesting delta end this source of income. I just want my union to make it clear to management that it is unacceptable to knowingly violate our contract. It needs to be made clear. That's all.
+1................
Old 11-08-2011, 04:30 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2011

It's funny the pilot profession has raced so far to the bottom. For anyone to sign a training contract each time you require a checkride is a total joke, this kind of tactic on the part of DPJ says volumes about what a sorry company they are to work for. This is worse than it was at Jim Segrave avaition. What they also don't say anything about, is the fact that when the a/c owner cancels his contract with DPJ, the pilots on that a/c is out of work, and this usually happens when their currency expires. This will cause trouble getting that next gig.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Did this ever get resolved? Any improvements over there? I am kind of interested in submitting a resume, but this thread has not been kind on DPJ, which makes me think it's not even worth it.

Hopefully some good stuff has happened in the past 6 months?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

Does DPJ have an annual increase in pay? Do all sizes of airframes pay the same like at xo jet? Would DPJ ever get a contract like net jets or something that would pay a decent wage and maybe keep pilots around? Any insights on morale? I've heard things are turning around. Does working for DPJ help your chances at getting hired at mainline Delta? Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: 75CA

I saw another ad for DPJ on one of the boards and was hoping that somebody currently working for DPJ/Segrave would fill us in on the current working conditions QOL, Pay etc. Previous posts mentioned a certain hour per month threshold or a reduction in pay. The ad I saw was working for DPJ and not one of their managed accounts.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by beech1980 View Post
Does DPJ have an annual increase in pay? Do all sizes of airframes pay the same like at xo jet? Would DPJ ever get a contract like net jets or something that would pay a decent wage and maybe keep pilots around? Any insights on morale? I've heard things are turning around. Does working for DPJ help your chances at getting hired at mainline Delta? Thanks
Just had a "new candidate" tele-conference with the D.O. couple weeks ago describing life at DPJ. Basically you are assigned to one aircraft that has a 4 person crew, 2 capt's & 2 F/O's. They don't hire capt's off the street anymore, which means no matter how much time or experience you have you start out as an F/O/ for $36,000/yr. You have to work out your work schedule and time off with your counterpart. No telling if or when you may upgrade. Company life & health insurance, but wasn't great. In fact, the D.O. is retired FBI and he uses his gov't health insurance retirement benefits. Have to sign a training contract every time you go for recurrent. This lasts for 4 years. Segrave basically runs the show since they own the certificate after the merger. One thing that was mentioned was that if the aircraft does go away, the crews are not laid off but re-assigned to another one as need arises, which could mean another type rating if required. May be a good deal for kids just starting out or folks desperate for a job. Guys interested were to shoot them an email and would be brought to CVG for an interview. The whole tele-conference just left a "bad taste" in my mouth and I declined. Just scratching the surface on what was covered but kind of tuned out halfway through.