Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Working at Delta Private Jets

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005

gear, I don't know. Sorry. I only know about CA positions. I have a friend to ask and will let you know.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:09 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2010

DPJ sucks!!! Sorry pay, have to go to training on days off no additional pay, they don't care if they get you home on your last day. No extra pay if they don't, terrible rest rules "rolling rest"........ No vacation, they encourage to fly broke and sick to meet mininum flight hours to recieve incentive pay....All in all horrible company. Hopefully things will change.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Thank you for the effort. Good luck to you in your career.

GC
Old 08-15-2012, 06:01 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Gearcrankr,
They only hire typed and current pilots. They are too cheap to pay for a type rating. For example, they will hire a typed and current 604 pic off the street before they upgrade from within. There is no seniority system. Tied to a specific tail. All planes are managed. If that managed plane goes away, well, so may your job. I hope this help make you run!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Originally Posted by Thekman View Post
Gearcrankr,
They only hire typed and current pilots. They are too cheap to pay for a type rating. For example, they will hire a typed and current 604 pic off the street before they upgrade from within. There is no seniority system. Tied to a specific tail. All planes are managed. If that managed plane goes away, well, so may your job. I hope this help make you run!
Thanks Kman. My next visit to CVG will be for a Redhawks Hockey game. The job search continues.....
Old 08-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

By no means is this a great place to work for but it's better than nothing. Your statements are not all true. I was typed but not current. All of the upgrades in my fleet have beeninternal. True there is no seniority system. They paid for two type ratings in my new hire indoc class. The biggest gripe is paid time off,is a bunch of bs. when the other pilot is in training you cover. Eventually they will have to improve the qol, there is an attrition rate of close to 35% after the first year. They really need to have 5 pilots per plane. It would solve a lot of the vacation and training issues. Pm me for anything specific any outsiders want to know.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Pilot

I wouldn't touch that place with a 50' pole.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:36 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Default DPJ-

I spent 45 minutes plus on a conference call with Mr. W---- at Delta Private Jets not too long ago. The conversation was very straight forward and honest but my take was this, salary sucks, benefits suck (except than you get jump seat privileges), schedule great 1 week on, one off, home based. My situation is different than most and I am in the fortunate position of having a job and looking for some greener grass. I might have made the transition but my wife wouldn't let me take the cut in pay. Quality of life means a lot to me right now and I am looking to spend more time with my 3 and 6 yr old boys. Having flown corporate for over a decade now my best advice is to take any higher paying job with the knowledge that YOU WILL change jobs ever year or sooner. I don't know anybody that makes a career with one company in charter. This is the only industry I know where it makes perfect sense to leave every year. The reason for this is you can hang out and take the annual increase if there even is one or jump ship and demand a much higher salary of course get the job first. Don't let company make you any promises of upgrade or salary increase in return for you hard work and dedication. I can guarantee unless the terms are in writing it won't happen.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: C-560 (Citation Encore) F.O.

Minor point, but there are NO jump seat provileges for DPJ pilots. We are not in CASS whatsoever.

Originally Posted by shhhh13 View Post
I spent 45 minutes plus on a conference call with Mr. W---- at Delta Private Jets not too long ago. The conversation was very straight forward and honest but my take was this, salary sucks, benefits suck (except than you get jump seat privileges), schedule great 1 week on, one off, home based. My situation is different than most and I am in the fortunate position of having a job and looking for some greener grass. I might have made the transition but my wife wouldn't let me take the cut in pay. Quality of life means a lot to me right now and I am looking to spend more time with my 3 and 6 yr old boys. Having flown corporate for over a decade now my best advice is to take any higher paying job with the knowledge that YOU WILL change jobs ever year or sooner. I don't know anybody that makes a career with one company in charter. This is the only industry I know where it makes perfect sense to leave every year. The reason for this is you can hang out and take the annual increase if there even is one or jump ship and demand a much higher salary of course get the job first. Don't let company make you any promises of upgrade or salary increase in return for you hard work and dedication. I can guarantee unless the terms are in writing it won't happen.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:34 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Stay away!!! They encourage to fly broke, sick and extend flying to part 91 when 135 rest rules run out. Training on days off a must with no pay off and they don't care if they get you home on your last day, and if they don't no extra pay. Horrible company!!!! Crew scheduling is terrible and dispatch is even worse....no vacation or sick days.