Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC- Travel Management Company

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Systemized View Post
How many hours per year could one expect to average?

Does TMC still have at-home basing, or assigned domiciles?
I believe guys are flying between 500-600 hours/year right now.
Everybody is home-based, no assigned domiciles.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Hey guys, quick question.

How does the home basing work at TMC?,Is it a gateway based scenario where I would have to live within a certain distance of certain airports. Or can I live anywhere near an airport with airline service?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
Hey guys, quick question.

How does the home basing work at TMC?,Is it a gateway based scenario where I would have to live within a certain distance of certain airports. Or can I live anywhere near an airport with airline service?
Pilots have to live within 1 hour of an airport with airline service. No gateway airports or anything like that.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2007

So it seems like a lot has changed in the last coupe of years at TMC. I would prefer not to get into the back and forth complaining- Just facts

Could someone go through the following:
What can a pilot expect to take home 1st year?
Schedule?
Benefits?
Training Contract? Pro-Rated? Value of 400 training?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by GFKFLYER View Post
So it seems like a lot has changed in the last coupe of years at TMC. I would prefer not to get into the back and forth complaining- Just facts

Could someone go through the following:
What can a pilot expect to take home 1st year?
Schedule?
Benefits?
Training Contract? Pro-Rated? Value of 400 training?

Thanks in advance
1st year, roughly $40-45K/year.
Schedule is 15 on/13 off. We go Wednesday to Wednesday on the Beechjet, I think it's the same day for the Hawker, just off-set by 1 week, I think.
401K with match up to 6%, medical is a bit expensive, dental.
There is a training contract that is not pro-rated for 1 year. You do get a full type on the airplane you are hired on though. So 1 year is fair, in my opinion, for a full type on a jet.

It's been a good job for me so far. Pay is a little low but QOL is excellent, at least compared to what I've been accustomed to in the 135 world. MX has been very good and no pressure to fly broken airplanes around the country.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Line Holder

Position: Turboprop guy..
Default Thanks for all the info...

Hi folks... I've enjoyed keeping up with the TMC thread and I've always considered that it might be a good fit for me. I've been overseas in a turboprop for 3.5 years and would really like to come home. At this point, money isn't the issue. I'm looking for 1) chunks of time at home, and 2) the opportunity to try a new type of airplane. I'm a little older than a lot of guys here so I'm also looking for a place that might well be my last stop.

I did apply probably over a year ago but would like to take another shot at it. I know I would like the 15/13 schedule and I can pay the mortgage with the salary. Having no dependents helps too :-)

I have a couple questions to start:
1. Is TMC like some other places where you definitely need an inside reference?
2. Is ther any particular type fellow that TMC is looking for? Young/old, Em-rid vs Part 61, jet time? You know any sort of profile?
3. I read there are more planes coming. I don't really care which airframe I fly, but does the opportunity to switch airframes present itself after time?
4. How does FO vs Capt pay compare, and
5. And finally, for those of you there, would you say hiring looks bright over the next 6 months. I would sure like to get out of India by Christmas :-)

I'm sure I'll have other questions but that's it to start.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: BE40 Left

Originally Posted by gsoflyer View Post
Hi folks... I've enjoyed keeping up with the TMC thread and I've always considered that it might be a good fit for me. I've been overseas in a turboprop for 3.5 years and would really like to come home. At this point, money isn't the issue. I'm looking for 1) chunks of time at home, and 2) the opportunity to try a new type of airplane. I'm a little older than a lot of guys here so I'm also looking for a place that might well be my last stop.

I did apply probably over a year ago but would like to take another shot at it. I know I would like the 15/13 schedule and I can pay the mortgage with the salary. Having no dependents helps too :-)

I have a couple questions to start:
1. Is TMC like some other places where you definitely need an inside reference?
2. Is ther any particular type fellow that TMC is looking for? Young/old, Em-rid vs Part 61, jet time? You know any sort of profile?
3. I read there are more planes coming. I don't really care which airframe I fly, but does the opportunity to switch airframes present itself after time?
4. How does FO vs Capt pay compare, and
5. And finally, for those of you there, would you say hiring looks bright over the next 6 months. I would sure like to get out of India by Christmas :-)

I'm sure I'll have other questions but that's it to start.

Thanks

I was hired a few weeks ago. Still a newbie with the company so take what I say with a grain of salt. However, what I do know was from what I told during my interview: They're not really advertising on line so I don't think they're really hurting for people outside of internal recs. They're trying to run 3 classes (one in June, July, and August) to fill the incoming aircraft. Not sure on the left seat pay. As for switching airframes, it really just depends on the demand for pilots in that frame, so you never really know. I think the only profile they're looking for is, can you work good with someone for 2 weeks, and do you have great customer service skills? Hope this helps a bit.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Cbusbased View Post
I was hired a few weeks ago. Still a newbie with the company so take what I say with a grain of salt. However, what I do know was from what I told during my interview: They're not really advertising on line so I don't think they're really hurting for people outside of internal recs. They're trying to run 3 classes (one in June, July, and August) to fill the incoming aircraft. Not sure on the left seat pay. As for switching airframes, it really just depends on the demand for pilots in that frame, so you never really know. I think the only profile they're looking for is, can you work good with someone for 2 weeks, and do you have great customer service skills? Hope this helps a bit.

What was the time frame from resume submission to their first contact with you? Thanks
Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: BE40 Left

Time from submission to phone interview was about 3-4 weeks. Then offered an interview about 2 weeks later. Was called for the job offer 2 days later.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Does anyone have any info on the payscale(if there is even one) at TMC?