Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 03:10 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
Looks like L3Harris has the SIC hiring window open again. BE350 ISR Pilot – SIC-2 (OCONUS) at L3Harris Technologies
They are also hiring PICs.
https://careers.l3harris.com/job/afg.../4832/18426773
Old 01-24-2021, 05:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
I'd be suprised they're having any trouble recruiting highly qualified applicants in this environment.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:32 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by aeroengineer View Post
I'd be suprised they're having any trouble recruiting highly qualified applicants in this environment.
That is a tough one to speculate about. I’m surprised we had enough people leave in this environment to prompt hiring at all. The vast majority of our hires are coming out of the military. With the economy the way it is, I’m not sure how many highly qualified military people are leaving the service. There are also several barriers to hire that one must overcome now. As always, they would prefer you have an active clearance. However, now you have to meet the more stringent coronavirus standards. High risk individuals are not deployable so I’m sure that is affecting their hiring decisions, even if it’s not really legal. Plus, a lot of people might be skeptical about the future of this gig, with the drawdowns happening and what not. I for one believe it will be around for years to come.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:00 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2021

That is a tough one to speculate about. I’m surprised we had enough people leave in this environment to prompt hiring at all. The vast majority of our hires are coming out of the military. With the economy the way it is, I’m not sure how many highly qualified military people are leaving the service. There are also several barriers to hire that one must overcome now. As always, they would prefer you have an active clearance. However, now you have to meet the more stringent coronavirus standards. High risk individuals are not deployable so I’m sure that is affecting their hiring decisions, even if it’s not really legal. Plus, a lot of people might be skeptical about the future of this gig, with the drawdowns happening and what not. I for one believe it will be around for years to come.
I am an Army guard pilot currently in the airlines. Got a secret clearance and the appropriate minimums as posted for the job. Why do you think this will be around for years to come? Troop levels are at their lowest in decades and May is the deadline for withdrawal according to the recent peace deal.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

I can see where military pilots are wanting to hold fast to their military job for now. That said I spoke a few days ago to a AD AF pilot who said force shaping is in serious discussion given no one is leaving. So these ISR companies may find more applicants knocking on the door. I still can't wrap my head around how we went from a shortage to having too many in a little over a year.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: SA-227, B-727, A-300, DC-8, all seats
Default age limitations and starting payscales ???

Hello..............................

May I ask someone to please reply with any age limitations on ISR flying and any/all information on starting pay scales ??

I was told that US Army contracts have a age 65 limit and USAF contracts are age 70......... anyone know if this is true.??

Again, starting pay scales for both PIC and SIC .

Thank you

Wright cyclones
Old 01-26-2021, 09:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

What I have seen is that Air Force limits are 65, but were waived when there was a shortage in '18 and '19. Army has no limit... or it is just really really high. Covid exceptions are for theater of operation due to high risk of severe symptoms. 60 or 65 depending on where the job is. BMI of 30 is also a limit. Serious medical conditions are also a no-go, even if you pass a FAA first class medical with a special issuance and pass CRC.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:01 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Wright cyclones View Post
Hello..............................

May I ask someone to please reply with any age limitations on ISR flying and any/all information on starting pay scales ??

I was told that US Army contracts have a age 65 limit and USAF contracts are age 70......... anyone know if this is true.??

Again, starting pay scales for both PIC and SIC .

Thank you

Wright cyclones
I don’t think this guy is looking for employment. His post history suggests he’s been trolling for years.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
pass CRC.
I have nothing of value to add to this thread. Just wanted to say that the mere mention of CRC gave me bad flashbacks to three? days running around playing the Army's nonsense games at Camp Atterbury in Indiana. Believe it's at Ft Bliss now.

I don't know what the current rules are, but several years ago, CRC was only required if you were going to be in-country 30 days or longer. I knew of at least one person who got his deployment paperwork changed to <30 days, then once in-country had the paperwork changed back to his planned six months, thereby avoiding CRC. Always figured I'd do that if I had to deploy again, but I left the company shortly thereafter.

Last edited by fasteddie800; 02-07-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: NYC 7ERA

I just left two plus weeks at NIACT. 5th time I've been.

Think CRC or IRDO, but dumber, and 17 days long.

Run by the Navy, taught by the Army.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk