Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Key Lime Air

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:42 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Right

Originally Posted by ArcherDvr View Post
Mountain Air Cargo has a posting for ATR FO out of Denver.
Wrong Denver.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: CA BE200/ FO LJ31/35/55

Probably Denver, NC.

Brian434, think Skywest is still hiring out of Denver, CO.... but I know thats not the 135 your interested in.

Sorry man
Old 01-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

They actually have stopped interviewing until April. I am interviewing with republic on the 8th.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Seriously considering Key Lime... What's the interview process like? Do they pay for your travel to the interview? Also curious about what a monthly paycheck looks like for a piston pilot on a Tuesday-Friday schedule?

Also, I see they're cass but do they have agreements with anyone or is it difficult to jumpseat? If anyone currently works there it'd be great to PM. Thanks
Old 04-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: FO - 757/767

Just curious, the original post mentioned a change in management. Its been a few months since I've been in ops over there, but what changes have they made? Are Glenn and cliff still in charge?
Secondly, when at the sort in den, I talk to keylimers from time to time and they all seem to think it's not a bad job for what it is. They all say that it's best to live at the outstation. I've jumpseated on them a few times to visit friends in durango and other places....great bunch of guys.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:55 AM
What’s it doing now?

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 190CA

Originally Posted by PiperPower View Post
Seriously considering Key Lime... What's the interview process like? Do they pay for your travel to the interview? Also curious about what a monthly paycheck looks like for a piston pilot on a Tuesday-Friday schedule?

Also, I see they're cass but do they have agreements with anyone or is it difficult to jumpseat? If anyone currently works there it'd be great to PM. Thanks
I interviewed with them a few years ago, they did not pay to travel me but I did not ask, I was going to be in Colorado that week anyway when they called me so I just drove up. My interview was two people, one from HR and one pilot who I think was then in charge of ops in someway. Sort of very standard interview questions, nothing really too hard or out of the box. There was a simulator evaluation done at the local flight school by an instructor who they contracted to do it. I was told ahead of time what specific approaches we would do in it, ILS, NDB, a single engine approach if I remember right. I really wanted to do the job and was very excited about the interview but I ended up turning them down for a couple reasons. The ops guy interviewing me really turned me off, he was kind of a jerk and really had nothing good to say about anything. They wanted you to sign an 18 month training contract for the navajo for $12k that was not prorated at all. I talked to two people who had previously worked there who bought out their contracts to leave which said something to me because pilots are notoriously cheap. I was also turned off by the juxtaposition of the large training contract vs they wanted you to pay upfront for 300 some odd dollars for uniforms which was really just one jacket and some polo shirts. Like I said, I really wanted to do the job but I was really turned off by the interview process and the people I met. I hope your experience is better.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: SA227, left seat

Has anyone been hired recently with minimum 135 IFR PIC and a CMEL? Any "preferred" multi minimums?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 PM
On Reserve

If you're considering KLA as a career option... RUN! Things have turned for the worse in the last few months.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Can/will you provide some detail?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:03 PM
On Reserve

I recently quit... management changed in the last couple months and at first, it was good. But recently, the new DO has been nothing short of a Gestapo. Checking airplanes in the middle of the night for trash, writing people up for BS reasons, firing people for BS reasons, and SUING THEIR PILOTS FOR UNINTENTIONAL DAMAGES. That's what insurance is for!