Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

New Gama/WHEELS UP King Air Bases

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 01:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Pilotandrew View Post
How is the movement right now? Is there a lot of people leaving to go else where... I know that when I interviewed they made it sound like it would be less than a year to upgrade, is that a realistic time frame?
I'd say around the 6 month mark is a realistic timeframe to upgrade. Other than guys moving over to the Excel, I personally haven't seen many people leave. I am West coast based though. It might be a different story out East.
Either way, you won't have to count on attrition to upgrade. They're just getting ready to start accepting the next round of King Airs with the Fusion avionics installed & they're going to need lots of guys to fly them.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
I'd say around the 6 month mark is a realistic timeframe to upgrade. Other than guys moving over to the Excel, I personally haven't seen many people leave. I am West coast based though. It might be a different story out East.
Either way, you won't have to count on attrition to upgrade. They're just getting ready to start accepting the next round of King Airs with the Fusion avionics installed & they're going to need lots of guys to fly them.
I assume pilots will be trained on both PL21 & Fusion and eventually the KA fleet will be entirely Fusion equipped - correct?
Old 02-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
I assume pilots will be trained on both PL21 & Fusion and eventually the KA fleet will be entirely Fusion equipped - correct?
The Fusion training has started. Training is being done in Tampa.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
The retail price of the upgrade is in the neighborhood of $350k. The current plan is to leave the PL21 aircraft as is, while taking delivery of new PLF aircraft. For the time being, a pilot will be on one or the other, with intermixed flying coming later.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: C206

Are any of the bases more understaffed than others? I currently live within 2 hours of a base but would be able to move to a more understaffed base. When those that applied sent in resumes did you include the base you were initially looking to be operating out of?
Old 02-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by Hercguy View Post
Are any of the bases more understaffed than others? I currently live within 2 hours of a base but would be able to move to a more understaffed base. When those that applied sent in resumes did you include the base you were initially looking to be operating out of?
Staffing is somewhat divided by region. The bases within each region are on the job listing. I don't think that you'll ever hear if one is more understaffed than another.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: C206

Originally Posted by polymox View Post
Staffing is somewhat divided by region. The bases within each region are on the job listing. I don't think that you'll ever hear if one is more understaffed than another.
Gotcha, thanks for the response.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:23 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: CRJ 700 FO

Originally Posted by Hercguy View Post
Gotcha, thanks for the response.
Sometimes we get internal emails asking if we know anyone in a certain region looking to apply. The last one I saw was for the North West Seattle and Portland bases
Old 02-21-2016, 01:30 PM
More Cowbell!!!

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Spreading the LUV from the "Write" seat!!!

Originally Posted by DukeSilver View Post
Sometimes we get internal emails asking if we know anyone in a certain region looking to apply. The last one I saw was for the North West Seattle and Portland bases
How long ago was that email sent?
Old 02-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by DukeSilver View Post
I'm looking to get hired in this region. I've applied through the orange site and through the email. Any tips on getting a call? I'm 135 current in the 350.