Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by flierchick View Post
Everyone who worked on 1/1 was overpaid for that day.
I worked that day and I wasn't overpaid. And if you were overpaid, what do you expect, to be able to keep the extra money that you aren't entitled to?

W2s were late this year because they switched payroll processing providers partway through the year, and end-of-year calculations were messed up so they had to manually correct them. Would you prefer to have an inaccurate W2 and owe more or less taxes than you paid when you go to file?

Mistakes happen - I'm sure that when you make one, you want some understanding from whoever it is you inconvenience. Boutique operates legitimately by every measure I've seen, and I have no reason to believe that anything like what you describe would be intentional. I don't understand this mindset of extreme inflexibility towards common mistakes that any business could make. I guess you've got unhappy pilots everywhere, though, even if things are generally peachy...
Old 02-20-2017, 10:20 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: PC-12 First Officer

If I here another rumor about us getting a flow to a major u are insanely delusional. Boutique will never ever get a flow to a legacy carrier period. Maybe just maybe a couple years down the road after they are a little more established as an airline they might get something to a mid major like Spirit or Allegiant but never a legacy I mean for goodness sake we fly a pilatus and a King Air... Second don't you think it would make sense for a legacy to flow people that actually work for them either under a contracted airline or wholly owned? Just saying... plus Management just likes to throw this idea around to new hires to bait them into this company along with our supposed 4 on 3 off schedule as well. If u want to actually build time here and enjoy the so called QOL they speak of here at boutique don't be a Denver based pilot. Just ask any FO or captain if they have this mystical QOL management talks about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2017, 08:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Hi, I am very late in joining this discussion.

What are the issues with Denver that make it undesirable as a domicile.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Rockies Pilot View Post
If I here another rumor about us getting a flow to a major u are insanely delusional. Boutique will never ever get a flow to a legacy carrier period. Maybe just maybe a couple years down the road after they are a little more established as an airline they might get something to a mid major like Spirit or Allegiant but never a legacy I mean for goodness sake we fly a pilatus and a King Air... Second don't you think it would make sense for a legacy to flow people that actually work for them either under a contracted airline or wholly owned? Just saying... plus Management just likes to throw this idea around to new hires to bait them into this company along with our supposed 4 on 3 off schedule as well. If u want to actually build time here and enjoy the so called QOL they speak of here at boutique don't be a Denver based pilot. Just ask any FO or captain if they have this mystical QOL management talks about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There have been discussions in other 135 threads (see: Ameriflight) about why it doesn't necessarily make sense to flow pilots from supporting regionals to their affiliated majors. There has been more than one mention about a likely upcoming flow, and other pilots have all but confirmed this with the DO. We have no idea what it will look like, probably a few years in the King Air at minimum, but it would be better than nothing. It may only be a "guaranteed interview" type of deal and not a true flow, who knows. Worst case, nothing comes out of it and we're no worse off than we were.

Originally Posted by Safety View Post
Hi, I am very late in joining this discussion.

What are the issues with Denver that make it undesirable as a domicile.
Schedules historically suck there - lots of different routes, mix of secured/unsecured flights mean extra trips through security at KDEN. Weather and MX issues can compound the frustrations of already tight turns. Not a ton of housing close to the airport, especially that would be affordable to FOs. Pilots tend to burn out there quicker. Basically just worse QOL compared to other bases with two trips and 11-12 days off a month.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

I'll take Denver!. I just need a technical. Interview haha

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2017, 06:47 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2014

Does any one have any info on MSP and PDX staffing and on/off schedules? I know they're both only single destination bases.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by shoestrings1229 View Post
Does any one have any info on MSP and PDX staffing and on/off schedules? I know they're both only single destination bases.
I can't speak for MSP, but PDX is pretty well full. They're not good bases if you're looking to build time, which is exactly why I picked PDX. No CDOs in Portland, and I don't think MSP has them either.

In February I had 12 scheduled days off and three days of reserve. With the size of the base, it's pretty rare to get called on reserve.

A captain just transferred out of PDX because they didn't like the commute and weather, but I think the spot has already been filled internally.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:32 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2014

Are the days off consecutive in accordance with the much heard about 4 on/3 off schedule? And any idea which bases are in fact needing captains?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by shoestrings1229 View Post
Are the days off consecutive in accordance with the much heard about 4 on/3 off schedule? And any idea which bases are in fact needing captains?
That 4 on 3 off thing is a myth. Can't tell you how many times I worked 6 on, 1 off, 4 on.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:53 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by RBZL View Post
There have been discussions in other 135 threads (see: Ameriflight) about why it doesn't necessarily make sense to flow pilots from supporting regionals to their affiliated majors. There has been more than one mention about a likely upcoming flow, and other pilots have all but confirmed this with the DO. We have no idea what it will look like, probably a few years in the King Air at minimum, but it would be better than nothing. It may only be a "guaranteed interview" type of deal and not a true flow, who knows. Worst case, nothing comes out of it and we're no worse off than we were.

Schedules historically suck there - lots of different routes, mix of secured/unsecured flights mean extra trips through security at KDEN. Weather and MX issues can compound the frustrations of already tight turns. Not a ton of housing close to the airport, especially that would be affordable to FOs. Pilots tend to burn out there quicker. Basically just worse QOL compared to other bases with two trips and 11-12 days off a month.
Good luck with a flow to a legitimate airline like a LCC or major.

Now a flow to a regional airline.... that I could see coming about.

Not trying to sound condescending or rude at all.