Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 02-08-2017, 02:25 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post
Have you followed up with them at all?
I did. There's been no response to my messages so far.

I figure that either they forgot about me, they found someone with better qualifications and decided to nullify the email that said they would "like to" hire me, or they are truly waiting for an opening but it is taking longer than anticipated for an FO to get upgraded.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

All I'm saying is it's far fetched to believe in any sort of United (I'm using United in this example because this is the rumor I've heard floating around) flow when there's several 121 carriers out there actually doing flying for United without flow programs. Why would some random small 135 company get a flow through program before ExpressJet, Republic, Trans States, GoJet, etc does?

I would be careful and treat this as a carrot being dangled in front of everyone's face to not leave the company.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: PC12, Captain

Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
All I'm saying is it's far fetched to believe in any sort of United (I'm using United in this example because this is the rumor I've heard floating around) flow when there's several 121 carriers out there actually doing flying for United without flow programs. Why would some random small 135 company get a flow through program before ExpressJet, Republic, Trans States, GoJet, etc does?

I would be careful and treat this as a carrot being dangled in front of everyone's face to not leave the company.

Who said anything about a flow to United? I agree that sounds far fetched. A jumpseat agreement is not a flow agreement.

They are saying that they are working on flow agreements...I have not heard an airline attached to one.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Chief A'Hole

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Barely Flying!

It makes sense that the United feeders wouldn't necessarily pull from their own feed. Pull too many and then you are short pilots, especially when the regionals are having a tough time recruiting right now. The 135 market isn't competition for the majors, so it would make some sense IMHO.

DH
Old 02-09-2017, 04:42 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Default MSP as a base

How hard would it be to get MSP as a base. And with only one route what are people getting for hours. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Just getting HR to answer an email seems hard.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2017, 05:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Do you guys like getting paid? Boutique is not the place for you. We have had paychecks that came 4 days late before. I've been underpaid and overpaid. W-2's came 9 days late this year. Recently, the entire company was overpaid. It took boutique a month to notice then notified they would be taking the money out of the next check, quite a significant amount for some.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:56 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by Lindenberg View Post
I worked there for a while. Good company for an EAS provider. Great way to build time as I averaged 75 hours a month. Shedule is becoming very efficient from a management perspective. Meaning you'll fly a lot while your at work but they won't hassle you on your off days. Great job in the summer but rough in the winter. Be ready to deice your own plane/load bags/and do pilot stuff on a 40 min turn. Other than that its a good place. PM me if you have any questions.
Interesting how things have changed. Turns are now 20 mins, some still 40. I get called on my off days quite frequently to come in.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: PC12, Captain

Originally Posted by flierchick View Post
Do you guys like getting paid? Boutique is not the place for you. We have had paychecks that came 4 days late before. I've been underpaid and overpaid. W-2's came 9 days late this year. Recently, the entire company was overpaid. It took boutique a month to notice then notified they would be taking the money out of the next check, quite a significant amount for some.

Really? How do you define recently?

It's true that W-2s were late, but that was a third party error. I've been with the company seven months now and the other things that you describe simply haven't happened in that time frame, at least not to me. I can't speak to anything before that, but in my book you are getting outside the realm of "recently" at that point.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:58 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by N993T View Post
Really? How do you define recently?

It's true that W-2s were late, but that was a third party error. I've been with the company seven months now and the other things that you describe simply haven't happened in that time frame, at least not to me. I can't speak to anything before that, but in my book you are getting outside the realm of "recently" at that point.
Everyone who worked on 1/1 was overpaid for that day.