Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 12:23 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Honda400F View Post
Work on getting your TT competitive as fast as you can. Work on your last paragraph...get to know the pilots at BTQ and try and get an internal recommendation. You'll like flying the PC12 plus it's a great transitional aircraft that will help you in training with a regional jet. When your ready, apply at SKW to get your friend that recruiting bonus plus you'll get your 135 bonus.
Thanks Honda. Do you still work at BTQ or have you moved on to the next rung on the career ladder? Where were/are you based, if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking about just showing up at a BTQ crew house with a bunch of coffee and donuts.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default PDX Base

I was wondering if anyone has heard when the crew suppose to start up the service between Portland and Pendleton since they are right now getting the class thru training. I was thinking of hoping to chat with the crew that going to be based out of there and see get info on aircraft and hiring. I am close to be getting myself in a position to make the jump from my job to the airline and I want to be able to get prepare for the interview with anyone that would be willing to hire a 500 hour guy.

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016

I have had the strangest encounter with Boutique. I sent my app and resume in around April. First, I received a call from Monique, along with an email with the calendar to set up an interview the day before Sea Port closed. (September?) I didn't answer because it was a number I didn't recognize, but listened to the voice mail and tried to call back immediately and no one picked up so I left a voice mail. And then left a second voice mail the next day, then a third the following day. NEVER heard back from the voice mails I left and no one called to interview. Very unprofessional I thought, but I kept instructing.

Fast forward to this past Thursday, I received an email from Monique again asking to set up an interview. This time the page where you set up the times says "Hmm...it looks like this interview doesn't need to be scheduled anymore. If you still need to coordinate an interview time, reach out to the person who sent you this link."So, I emailed her to let her know what the web page is saying and have not heard anything back.
Reading the posts from pilots who fly at Boutique it sounds like a good place to work and build time but their human resource department does not represent the company very well from my perspective. I wondering if anybody else is have the same problems from this person or the HR dept in general?
Old 11-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Position: FO

Honestly I was there for almost two years and there is no mounique that I know of .

The people that call you for interviews are pilots , and no one with that name that I can recall. You sure you're applying at boutique ?? Lol
Old 11-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by LATIN View Post
Honestly I was there for almost two years and there is no mounique that I know of .

The people that call you for interviews are pilots , and no one with that name that I can recall. You sure you're applying at boutique ?? Lol
Yeah, I applied through the web site back in April. Ironically, after I posted the above message I received another email asking if I was available today to interview. She apologized for taking so long to get back. We have gone back and forth since then with several emails. Now I'm waiting on the call to interview.

Her name is Monique Arrington.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Tell Monique to give me a call, and good luck on your interview!
Old 11-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
Tell Monique to give me a call, and good luck on your interview!
Thanks, but I'm not holding my breath. She asked if I was available at 12 or 2 PST. Told her I was available for both. 12 PST has already passed...its 1:40 PST. We will see!
Old 11-22-2016, 01:58 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Hiring at BTQ has been a complete disaster. It's not representative of the company. Once you're in, things are more orderly and efficient.

I hear horror stories of new hires not being notified that they have job offers. Getting a call 30 days after an interview - Hey, we just want to know if you're planning to accept our employment offer - When no offer was ever given to the candidate (who has inevitably accepted another job by then).

Don't let a communication break down ruin your shot. If you're qualified and haven't heard back then get on the phone with any phone numbers you've been given and kiss some asses. Make it impossible for one person to drop the ball.

It's a safe place to build time and real world experience. While there's certainly QOL issues - manage your expectations in that regard - Keep in mind, you're only here to build time and learn.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by nlrfireman View Post
Thanks, but I'm not holding my breath. She asked if I was available at 12 or 2 PST. Told her I was available for both. 12 PST has already passed...its 1:40 PST. We will see!
I had an interview with a survey company today. They never gave me a time. They just said "We'll call you tomorrow". No call. Don't mean to derail the thread. But either way. Good luck to you. Seriously. BTQ is my top 135 choice. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I at least get an interview!
Old 11-22-2016, 03:27 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by thenewguyhere View Post
If you're qualified and haven't heard back then get on the phone with any phone numbers you've been given and kiss some asses.
I was offered a position over two months ago through an email saying that I should wait for a training date. Still no training date. Would it be wise to call up the number used for the interview or should I just keep waiting?