Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 05:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Were pay rates cut, or guarantee cut, or both?
Old 11-15-2020, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
Were pay rates cut, or guarantee cut, or both?
both were cut. Top end base pay now $28800/year. FO pay not far off, upgrade now not likely for quite some time. 80% or more of our current FO’s are upgrade eligible but the captain positions are not available. Pilots are going through forced base reassignments currently due to route changes based on seniority in your base. For example(you live in PIT, but now they assign you to LAX)
Old 01-06-2021, 12:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Is their website actually an effective place to apply for a job they have listed? I recently applied for a non-flying job they have posted and didn’t even get an automated email saying it was received.

Is this typical? Should I expect one after a few days? Just want to make sure that they actually get applications that come in directly from their website.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:01 PM
CFIing

Joined APC: Sep 2016

The gears of the HR department work slowly. I’m not sure what position you applied for but there really doesn’t seem to be a consistent timeframe of when to expect or call, or even get one. If it’s a position they want to fill urgently, you could probably expect one, (A/P, CSR). However the timeframe is anyone’s guess.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jrav8r View Post
The gears of the HR department work slowly. I’m not sure what position you applied for but there really doesn’t seem to be a consistent timeframe of when to expect or call, or even get one. If it’s a position they want to fill urgently, you could probably expect one, (A/P, CSR). However the timeframe is anyone’s guess.
Appreciate the info. I applied for a Customer Service Agent position, is that was CSR is? Just looking for a side gig in addition to CFI'ing.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
Appreciate the info. I applied for a Customer Service Agent position, is that was CSR is? Just looking for a side gig in addition to CFI'ing.
customer service representative, yes. If you’re looking for an “in” just know there is a significant backlog for new pilots. While they will get you in ahead of other off the street types, it’s hard telling how long that will be. Be prepared to make more as a CSR than a pilot at this company.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
customer service representative, yes. If you’re looking for an “in” just know there is a significant backlog for new pilots. While they will get you in ahead of other off the street types, it’s hard telling how long that will be. Be prepared to make more as a CSR than a pilot at this company.
Appreciate it. Actually not looking for an “in” specifically. Really just want to have an extra stream of income since CFI stuff has slowed down a lot. If the timing worked out at some point and it led to a flying position that would be cool but it’s not my main goal.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:28 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Boing!!

plane-lands-safely-at-ohare-after-wheel-drops-into-yard

...I was thinking to myself, nah, can't have been a Boutique flight- that tire looks almost new!
Old 02-16-2021, 04:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: Widebelly FO

Any updates on boutique air, is the company hiring?
Old 02-17-2021, 11:49 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by weekendflyer View Post
Any updates on boutique air, is the company hiring?
They absolutely are.

Word is that they are keenly seeking a qualified Director of Operations, and are willing to consider outside candidates. I'm a bit surprised they aren't able to fill that position internally. Opportunity for somebody!

Recent events will probably dictate a need for a qualified A&P or three. Things can only improve.

Customer Service Agents are needed in select locations around the country. And you could probably get in as a dispatcher.

But like everywhere else, there's not much need for line pilots until the regionals are really hiring again.