Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2021, 07:01 PM   #2091  
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
Without knowing specifics of the case you mention, if you fail to complete your obligation under the program rules you agreed to then they have the right to drop you. (“You” being the generic sense here) However, if you were brought in under the agreement of, let’s say a certain pay scale or expectation and then that company suddenly decreases pay (as Boutique did, I believe) and you can no longer survive and choose to find work elsewhere, you should not be penalized for it. I agree you would no longer be a part of whatever program, i.e. Aviate, but no one should ever judge that person as not having “good morals” for choosing a different job or career in exchange for better pay, QOL, etc.

100% agree, Boutique did screw its employees over in pay decreases, in which sense Boutique was the one who broke the contract, and as such if I were a Boutique pilot (for the record I am not) Id have no guilt leaving. To be honest in writing my other comment I did forget the company did that, my bad.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #2092  
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofWaPilot View Post
100% agree, Boutique did screw its employees over in pay decreases, in which sense Boutique was the one who broke the contract, and as such if I were a Boutique pilot (for the record I am not) Id have no guilt leaving. To be honest in writing my other comment I did forget the company did that, my bad.

Its my understanding that the company isn’t going after those that are leaving. As you stated, they basically broke the contact so they don’t have a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2021, 07:55 PM   #2093  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
10% of the pilot group is leaving in April alone. And I'm rounding down. Overwhelmingly PICs.
Probably because regionals are hiring again.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:27 PM   #2094  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

I just saw they posted vacancies in the DO and CP positions.
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM   #2095  
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Default Phx base

What is the staffing like for the PHX base? And what is the training contract like?
Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM   #2096  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcjets View Post
What is the staffing like for the PHX base? And what is the training contract like?
read the past few pages, then, should you still be interested in working here you must have a screw loose. Staffing everywhere dropping, Phoenix lost a few people recently so I’ve heard. Contract used to be 10K/ 1 year pro rated but who knows, they make up rules as they go. This place is a dumpster fire, and on top of that you’ll also make no money. 36K captain, 28K FO, good luck.