I still haven't heard back from them :+(. I still don't have a job xd

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2021, 01:03 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Originally Posted by supercell View Post
I still haven't heard back from them :+(. I still don't have a job xd

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Anyone currently flying for Boutique what is your schedule between PHX-LAX for jumpseating?
Old 06-17-2021, 03:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by ASLegacy7M9 View Post
Anyone currently flying for Boutique what is your schedule between PHX-LAX for jumpseating?
look on the BTQ website for flight details. I don’t think they have any pilots that commute from PHX to LAX. They certainly don’t operate their own flights to LAX from PHX anymore. If you’re thinking about working for them and commuting there are plenty of daily flights on any major carrier you can jumpseat on.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:27 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Wassup APC. I’m new to the forums but I’ve been reading different threads for a while now. I’m a 20 hour student pilot about to begin an accelerated program with American and should have around 300 TT and all other certifications when I’m done (CFII, MSEL, ASEL, etc) How likely is it that i get a right seat with Boutique? I’m already aware of the terrible QOL and Pay but I’m more worried about the long term goal.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by BaltimorePilot View Post
Wassup APC. I’m new to the forums but I’ve been reading different threads for a while now. I’m a 20 hour student pilot about to begin an accelerated program with American and should have around 300 TT and all other certifications when I’m done (CFII, MSEL, ASEL, etc) How likely is it that i get a right seat with Boutique? I’m already aware of the terrible QOL and Pay but I’m more worried about the long term goal.
This may sound harsh so please don’t be too upset.... While it’s good to have goals and ideas of where you may want to go; you have MUCH bigger issues at hand. Especially with an accelerated course. Concentrate on the immediate hurdles like training and checkrides, of which you will have a few in a short amount of time. Worry about “what will get you where” AFTER you have a CPL and are actually legal to be paid. (Or at a minimum close to having your CPL).
Old 09-06-2021, 03:11 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
This may sound harsh so please don’t be too upset.... While it’s good to have goals and ideas of where you may want to go; you have MUCH bigger issues at hand. Especially with an accelerated course. Concentrate on the immediate hurdles like training and checkrides, of which you will have a few in a short amount of time. Worry about “what will get you where” AFTER you have a CPL and are actually legal to be paid. (Or at a minimum close to having your CPL).
I completely understand. That’s what I’ve been trying to tell myself but as you can see it’s not working lol. I’m just excited to be in this industry. It’s like a kid with sugar.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Hey BaltimorePilot! There is nothing wrong with planning ahead. Boutique Air’s current hiring minimums are 500 hours for First Officers. I have heard lately from a friend who is in training right now that most of the people they have been picking up are around 800 hours. This fluctuates all the time depending upon their hiring needs. I know one way to get hired below the 500 hour requirement is to become a ramper or a customer service agent. Definitely not the funnest job in the winter/bad weather but it can get you where you want to go. I know a couple of people who did that. I know you have a certain time commitment before you transition to becoming a First Officer. Definitely worth looking into.
Goodluck!

-duckman

Old 09-07-2021, 04:10 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

should have around 300 TT and all other certifications when I’m done (CFII, MSEL, ASEL, etc) How likely is it that i get a right seat with Boutique?
Zero, no meaningful chance at all.

Boutique has a very wise policy of never hiring a pilot for a first job. (They've made rare exceptions for individuals who were already working for the company in other rolls.)

You're training at MTN? Since you're going to have your CFI, use it. A few hundred hours of teaching experience is the best thing you could do when you're done with your training, no matter what you want to move on to later. You will be astonished at how much more you learn from it, and companies like Boutique will take you much more seriously afterwards.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:16 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
Zero, no meaningful chance at all.

Boutique has a very wise policy of never hiring a pilot for a first job. (They've made rare exceptions for individuals who were already working for the company in other rolls.)

You're training at MTN? Since you're going to have your CFI, use it. A few hundred hours of teaching experience is the best thing you could do when you're done with your training, no matter what you want to move on to later. You will be astonished at how much more you learn from it, and companies like Boutique will take you much more seriously afterwards.
I fully understand and yea I was training out of MTN but I’ll be down in San Marcos near Austin soon. I was trying to see if it was a slight chance to get out of instructing because i know a few guys who are flying 76s and Gulfstreams who didn’t go the instructing route and was hired into a 135 to build time as soon as they got their CPL but I’m pretty sure there will be some right seats available when the time comes .
Old 09-20-2021, 12:16 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: Retired 121; active Part 135
Default PC-12 question

Quick question for you Boutique guys…
What power setting do you use to simulate an engine out? Can’t find it in the books and I don’t have the advantage of Flight Safety or Simcom training.
Thanks!