Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 12:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
They absolutely are.

Word is that they are keenly seeking a qualified Director of Operations, and are willing to consider outside candidates. I'm a bit surprised they aren't able to fill that position internally. Opportunity for somebody!

Recent events will probably dictate a need for a qualified A&P or three. Things can only improve.

Customer Service Agents are needed in select locations around the country. And you could probably get in as a dispatcher.

But like everywhere else, there's not much need for line pilots until the regionals are really hiring again.
I haven't been at BTQ in quite a while, but I can't think of anybody off the top of my head who would meet the 119 requirements for DO. I am guessing they can't fill it internally.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:58 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I haven't been at BTQ in quite a while, but I can't think of anybody off the top of my head who would meet the 119 requirements for DO. I am guessing they can't fill it internally.
Been a few years for me. I doubt there's still anyone left that was around when I was there.

Yeah, the three year requirement is tough in a company where pilots typically don't last much more than a year. I'd guessed there might be an assistant chief who could be close, especially with a year where everyone has been frozen in place.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
Been a few years for me. I doubt there's still anyone left that was around when I was there.

Yeah, the three year requirement is tough in a company where pilots typically don't last much more than a year. I'd guessed there might be an assistant chief who could be close, especially with a year where everyone has been frozen in place.
Could be a few assistant chiefs I guess, I don't remember if they have operational control at BTQ.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:09 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by weekendflyer View Post
Any updates on boutique air, is the company hiring?

Heard they have hired a few pilots lately. Mostly internal guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2021, 07:32 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Could be a few assistant chiefs I guess, I don't remember if they have operational control at BTQ.
Operational control isn’t a requirement, it’s an alternative to the PIC requirement. It allows a management dispatcher, or someone who’s been in management for most of the last 6 years to not be current as PIC when they move into the DO role.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019
Default The coming months

With the hiring resuming at the regional airlines, what will happen at BTQ? Will the pay and benefits come back? Will we see a mass exodus of the current pilot group? Will they keep up with new hire training? Thoughts? Predictions?
Old 03-16-2021, 02:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
With the hiring resuming at the regional airlines, what will happen at BTQ? Will the pay and benefits come back? Will we see a mass exodus of the current pilot group? Will they keep up with new hire training? Thoughts? Predictions?
Pay and benefits return? Maybe and a weak maybe at that. Mass exodus of current pilot group? More than likely. Keep up new hire training? They'll try for sure.

Supposed "improvements" coming but, seems too little too late.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:11 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
Pay and benefits return? Maybe and a weak maybe at that. Mass exodus of current pilot group? More than likely. Keep up new hire training? They'll try for sure.

Supposed "improvements" coming but, seems too little too late.
Looks like they are taking a page out of Great Lakes Airlines' playbook.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
Looks like they are taking a page out of Great Lakes Airlines' playbook.
let’s hope it’s not the last page...
Old 03-17-2021, 10:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
let’s hope it’s not the last page...

Great Lakes still lives on. A while back a 135 cargo company, Alpine Air Express, put out a press release about buying Lakes. Looks like they spray painted over the name and are flying the airplanes full of cargo. Might work out for they better, at least pay wise. 135 cargo probably pays 3X what Lakes paid.