Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 07:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
PIC’s cannot pick up SIC shifts. New hire captains can expect $50/hr with only 48hr guarantee. That’s less than 30K per year before taxes.
They can with a two minute call to Scheduling if an SIC doesn't pick it up. Pretty straightforward process.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: I fly planes

Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
Welllllllll I just checked and through the end of November there are thirty one open shifts total, with a pretty good mix of PIC and SIC stuff. And if an SIC doesn't pick it up, guess what? PIC can.

Again, not a BTQ cheerleader. Just calling BS.

95% of those are SIC shifts, which as has been stated cannot be picked up by a PIC. There are sometimes PIC shifts in there yes, however the chances of you being able to pick one up because of scheduling conflicts (we are now working more days with fewer off) are slim to none. There is a grand total of 2 shifts I could pick up right now, if I wanted to travel halfway across the country (and if I could make it there), for a whopping 260 dollars. Almost every PIC here is making 35k a year, period. And as has been discussed above new hires can expect a hair over 29K to be PIC.

No BS here, just the cold hard truth.

Last edited by FLYGUYRY; 11-12-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by FLYGUYRY View Post
95% of those are SIC shifts, which as has been stated cannot be picked up by a PIC. There are sometimes PIC shifts in there yes, however the chances of you being able to pick one up because of scheduling conflicts (we are now working more days with fewer off) are slim to none. There is a grand total of 2 shifts I could pick up right now, if I wanted to travel halfway across the country (and if I could make it there), for a whopping 260 dollars. Almost every PIC here is making 35k a year, period. And as has been discussed above new hires can expect a hair over 29K to be PIC.

No BS here, just the cold hard truth.
Bahahaha! Well, I guess if you say "Almost every PIC here is making 35k a year," and seal it with a "period" then it HAS to be true. Guys in my base are doing upwards of 70-75 hours this month. In fact, they are trying to drop shifts. Even on the SIC side.

Smh..... I have, as a PIC, picked up SIC shifts in my base literally within the past two months. Hell, an out of base PIC picked up one here the night before last!
Old 11-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Line Holder

Bahahaha! Well, I guess if you say "Almost every PIC here is making 35k a year," and seal it with a "period" then it HAS to be true. Guys in my base are doing upwards of 70-75 hours this month. In fact, they are trying to drop shifts. Even on the SIC side.

Smh..... I have, as a PIC, picked up SIC shifts in my base literally within the past two months. Hell, an out of base PIC picked up one here the night before last!

oh really? Inquiring minds would love to know what base that is. Every PIC at my base is under min guarantee, has been for months. I guess there is a massive disparity between bases then, perhaps it’s time for me to transfer. As for picking up SIC, there have been numerous emails about how we are not to pick them up unless operationally necessary and with management approval. It is almost never operationally necessary sooo..yeah, there are not “plenty” of opportunities to pick up extra. Between the schedule and the open time there are at best “limited” opportunities to pick up extra.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by FLYGUYRY View Post
oh really? Inquiring minds would love to know what base that is. Every PIC at my base is under min guarantee, has been for months. I guess there is a massive disparity between bases then, perhaps it’s time for me to transfer. As for picking up SIC, there have been numerous emails about how we are not to pick them up unless operationally necessary and with management approval. It is almost never operationally necessary sooo..yeah, there are not “plenty” of opportunities to pick up extra. Between the schedule and the open time there are at best “limited” opportunities to pick up extra.
Meh. The flying's there if one's willing to do it. To each their own, I suppose.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:27 PM
Line Holder

Meh. The flying's there if one's willing to do it. To each their own, I suppose.

Didn’t answer though, which base are people flying 70-75 a month ? I need to bid on it. I have 11 days off and I’m scheduled for 38 hours. I could maybe get 70 if I worked 30 days this month. I’m pretty senior so it’s time for a base change ! Sounds like you are in the best base.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Question

Why don't they unionize?
Old 11-12-2020, 01:53 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
Why don't they unionize?
I think a lot of the pilot group would be in favor, however the fear of being terminated for being involved in the process, and the fear from many that the company would simply close shop if management even got a whiff of unionization prevents a lot of people from joining an effort to do it. It’s been discussed before though for sure.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
PIC’s cannot pick up SIC shifts. New hire captains can expect $50/hr with only 48hr guarantee. That’s less than 30K per year before taxes.
Wait, really? APC has PICs at $62.50 and an 80 hour guarantee. Is this a covid thing?
Old 11-12-2020, 02:25 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by biigD View Post
Wait, really? APC has PICs at $62.50 and an 80 hour guarantee. Is this a covid thing?

Pay was cut 40% back in April, now new hires and upgrades can expect even lower. No plans whatsoever to raise pay, management has been wanting to cut it for years.