Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 11:13 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default Customer service agent

Just sent in application for customer service agent in phx. Does anyone know if they are truly looking for any right now? If so when should I expect to be contacted?
Old 04-29-2020, 08:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by Jminker View Post
Just sent in application for customer service agent in phx. Does anyone know if they are truly looking for any right now? If so when should I expect to be contacted?
100% they are hiring for this position. They delay currently lies in fingerprinting and background checks. I would expect a call rather quickly.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:37 PM
New Hire

Default FOs now?

I’m planning on applying for an FO position here shortly and I’m wondering if anyone has the scoop at Boutique Air at the moment. I live in PIT and I feel like this could be a good alternative to getting my CFI (I have both writtens done, but have decided I’d prefer to not go that route, if possible). I know Covid probably has messed things a up temporarily, but if anyone has any info, I would be so appreciative.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Doesn't hurt to apply.

It's certainly possible to get hired at Boutique without being a CFI- but they're not going to hire a pilot who hasn't successfully worked as a pilot somewhere else first.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:47 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
Doesn't hurt to apply.

It's certainly possible to get hired at Boutique without being a CFI- but they're not going to hire a pilot who hasn't successfully worked as a pilot somewhere else first.

Thanks for the reply!

I haven’t been employed as a pilot any where yet, so that’s not hopeful. Im actively searching for any opportunities for low time pilots and was hoping there could be a chance with them. I worked for a part 91 flight department for nearly a decade before I quit because I couldn’t ignore the flying bug any longer. I wish that experience was worth something in forwarding my flying career, and maybe it will be at some point.
In any case, like you said, applying can’t hurt anything.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:10 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017

I applied recently with time slightly above IFR mins, bachelor's degree, and ~500 hours of PC-12 time. I sent an application in via the company website. Is there anyone specific I can reach out to at Boutique? I was under the impression that they were aggressively looking for qualified PICs.

Thank you in advance!
Old 05-12-2020, 12:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
I applied recently with time slightly above IFR mins, bachelor's degree, and ~500 hours of PC-12 time. I sent an application in via the company website. Is there anyone specific I can reach out to at Boutique? I was under the impression that they were aggressively looking for qualified PICs.

Thank you in advance!
I think Boutique took government money. So, to me, that would mean they are not hiring and they have suffered losses.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:25 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Walkman View Post

Thank you in advance!
I put in a couple weeks ago for DEC and even had a buddy of mine who is Captain there make contact with the Chief Pilot letting him know my app was inbound. Crickets so far. Background: I am at ATP mins with a written ATP in hand.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:21 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Jlgrieco View Post
I’m planning on applying for an FO position here shortly and I’m wondering if anyone has the scoop at Boutique Air at the moment. I live in PIT and I feel like this could be a good alternative to getting my CFI (I have both writtens done, but have decided I’d prefer to not go that route, if possible). I know Covid probably has messed things a up temporarily, but if anyone has any info, I would be so appreciative.
Low time pilots, especially those of you that would like to bypass the CFI route, should check out Sierra West Airlines. The company is...I'd rather not say, and pay is terrible, (at least it was 13 years ago) but you will fly A LOT. Give it a year, and you'll have the time required for regionals or a better 135 company. They have 2 bases El Paso , and Toledo.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:11 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by calmak View Post
Low time pilots, especially those of you that would like to bypass the CFI route, should check out Sierra West Airlines. The company is...I'd rather not say, and pay is terrible, (at least it was 13 years ago) but you will fly A LOT. Give it a year, and you'll have the time required for regionals or a better 135 company. They have 2 bases El Paso , and Toledo.
thanks for the lead! It looks like they require 50 hours MEL, so I’ll have to keep on searching, while I study for my CFI.... CFI studying feels overwhelming and that’s my main reason for wanting to skip it. I have the writtens done and spin training done.... but I have little help on the learning to teach aspects. I’m definitely intimidated by the checkride at this point.