Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 05:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by peaches View Post
Quest Diagnostics. starting pay is 90k and then add per diem, 3-10% annual bonus, and flying one extra day every month or so you could easily expect that or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
per diem counting as income thread drift in 3, 2, 1...
Old 06-09-2020, 05:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Soxfan1 View Post
per diem counting as income thread drift in 3, 2, 1...

Well when you have zero hotel stays and your shift begins after dinner (at home) and you finish 6-8 hours later (at home) with no need for meals or the ability to grab one for that matter I see it as such.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Well when you have zero hotel stays and your shift begins after dinner (at home) and you finish 6-8 hours later (at home) with no need for meals or the ability to grab one for that matter I see it as such.

just saying, after a Miata is or is not a sports car, per diem as income is a very common topic of debate on APC, regardless of what side you fall on. It wouldn’t surprise me if this thread has a few opinions of the matter pop up.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

just saying, after a Miata is or is not a sports car, per diem as income is a very common topic of debate on APC, regardless of what side you fall on. It wouldn’t surprise me if this thread has a few opinions of the matter pop up.

Okay, back on course. 35k guarantee is low, like really low.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Quest Diagnostics. starting pay is 90k and then add per diem, 3-10% annual bonus, and flying one extra day every month or so you could easily expect that or more.

That is not starting pay.
That is starting pay plus a lot of extra stuff.

That is good pay for flying a PC-12 - but at least let's be accurate about how you get that number.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
That is not starting pay.
That is starting pay plus a lot of extra stuff.

That is good pay for flying a PC-12 - but at least let's be accurate about how you get that number.

I think we just have a misunderstanding of what we each consider what starting pay is. To me starting pay isn’t just base salary, but what you will make in a year when you start. Aka first year pay.

But this is so far off the point.

We’ve hired a few BTQ guys that are working out great. I’d hope for the sake of boutique pilots and for all pilots that they make it known what they are worth to management. When pilots accept low pay it enables other companies to do the same and the progress our industry has seen in pay slows or starts to trend backwards.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Starting pay is what each person should expect to make. A starting point. From there one MAY make extra pay or types of soft pays.

I can agree with everything else you stated.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Line holder

The Miata IS a sports car, there is not even a debate. While it isn’t powerful, neither have been many “sports” cars when compared with their contemporaries: MGA, Triumph, Alfa, Fiat, Porsche.

Insurance people may have different categories, but for car aficionados, this is not really a debate, just lack of knowledge, like folks who call every handgun a “pistol” (UK brethren excepted).
Old 06-10-2020, 05:23 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: I fly planes

Originally Posted by Pilatipus View Post
wow that's drastic, sorry to hear that. What about FOs? When i started at BTQ Great Lakes CAs were making like 30k a year and they were part 121 with ATPs. Sad to see EAS going backwards. I hope turns around for ya'll soon, its not like the government money stopped coming in (as far as I know).

FOs I think are down to 22k a year. It’s pretty bad, a lot of people not very happy but in the current environment there really isn’t anywhere to go. It appears upper management knows this and that’s why we are getting bent over. The only good thing is if you are a more senior guy you are likely getting above the guarantee because you are getting more hours. 35k a year to be PIC even on a PC12 is pretty insulting. Gov funds didn’t go away at all, but passenger loads did and with them extra income, apparently enough to lower CA guarantee from 60K (PC12) and 70K (KA) to 35k. All I know is they better be carefully monitoring the hiring situation and adjusting pay back to normal very rapidly once hiring elsewhere starts again or they will lose at least 50% of their qualified PICs.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by FLYGUYRY View Post
FOs I think are down to 22k a year. It’s pretty bad, a lot of people not very happy but in the current environment there really isn’t anywhere to go. It appears upper management knows this and that’s why we are getting bent over. The only good thing is if you are a more senior guy you are likely getting above the guarantee because you are getting more hours. 35k a year to be PIC even on a PC12 is pretty insulting. Gov funds didn’t go away at all, but passenger loads did and with them extra income, apparently enough to lower CA guarantee from 60K (PC12) and 70K (KA) to 35k. All I know is they better be carefully monitoring the hiring situation and adjusting pay back to normal very rapidly once hiring elsewhere starts again or they will lose at least 50% of their qualified PICs.
Sounds like a real scumbag operation