Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 05:29 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
I'm gonna roll the dice again, contact recruitment and even apply like I'm not in the pool anymore, who knows haha. Pray for me fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You'll get hired! ...in 2028!
Old 08-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Thanks for the good vibes

Old 08-08-2017, 09:00 AM
VW Bus Driver

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: ERJ145XR

Originally Posted by LATIN View Post
Boutique is a great company, i have since moved on. But working as a captain out of Phoenix, I personally had a lot of time off, and the schedules were pretty chill.

The overnights, and CDO's are rough, but that comes with any job that has those.

I truly miss the pilatus, and the people at Boutique. Great company in my book.
The Pilatus was a great bird to fly. The people were awesome. The schedule was indeed pretty good. The CDO's stink. Flying near thunderstorms at night builds "character".

My previous post shouldn't be taken as a negative. Rather than just a preview of what to expect when hiring on with BTQ. For low time guys, it is a great place to build experience. The PC12 is a great first Turbine aircraft for those without that experience and a fun bird even for those guys like me with previous Turbine time. BTQ is a great bridge between CFI and Regional or Corporate/Charter.

Higher time guys do have options to fly bigger equipment and have a much higher earning potential.

Best of luck to you all.....
Old 08-09-2017, 04:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by JakeThe44 View Post
Regionals aren't for everyone. Never wanted to fly airlines. Corporate has always been what I've wanted to do.
Apply for TW . As PIC 60k to start , 3,21 $ perdiem , Flying day off 400$ After a year 5 k raise and 5 k bonus plus they pay a half of your medical insurance..
TW season in PR starts in October November.. you live there for free or you can get 750 a month for your own place ..
Old 08-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by PT6LOL View Post
Apply for TW . As PIC 60k to start , 3,21 $ perdiem , Flying day off 400$ After a year 5 k raise and 5 k bonus plus they pay a half of your medical insurance..
TW season in PR starts in October November.. you live there for free or you can get 750 a month for your own place ..
Im going to guess you use to work for them or know someone that does? I didn't see anything about providing a room in SJU?
Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017

I'm unfamiliar with TW (or it's just not coming to mind at the moment)
Old 08-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by BLURCEO View Post
Im going to guess you use to work for them or know someone that does? I didn't see anything about providing a room in SJU?
TW provides 3 bedroom apartments and a car .. besides that in past 2 seasons TW offers 750$ if you want to rent something on your own .
I work for TW btw and TW has pilots flying for them between 3 to 12 years .
First year PIC makes 70k or more 3 4 years PIC 90-120 .. do the math base pay plus perdiem , 400$ flying on day off , 5 k bonus 10k second year bonus .. BTQ and Surf can t match the pay

80k base pay ( top out PIC)
10k bonus
8 k in perdiem
10k - 20k in extra flying ( depends how much extra you wanna fly )
... btw PR pilots pay less in tax then us on the east coast .
Hope it helps .. Have a nice day
Old 08-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

TW provides 3 bedroom apartments and a car .. besides that in past 2 seasons TW offers 750$ if you want to rent something on your own .
I work for TW btw and TW has pilots flying for them between 3 to 12 years .
First year PIC makes 70k or more 3 4 years PIC 90-120 .. do the math base pay plus perdiem , 400$ flying on day off , 5 k bonus 10k second year bonus .. BTQ and Surf can t match the pay

80k base pay ( top out PIC)
10k bonus
8 k in perdiem
10k - 20k in extra flying ( depends how much extra you wanna fly )
... btw PR pilots pay less in tax then us on the east coast .
Hope it helps .. Have a nice day
Wow that basically doubles what they were making all of a year ago that's good news. But there seems to be a lot of distrust in the management there and mistreatment of pilots, has this changed??? I think there is even a whole thread on here somewhere of how bad it is.
The other point is the cost of Living in Connecticut is way higher than any of the bases at BTQ except maybe LA. Also CT has one of the largest population exodus of any state. So that 100K really just equals out. 70k goes a lot further in Dallas than 90K in the northeast.
At least you fly in Puerto Rico in the Winter the summers there are unbearable sometimes.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Sometimes?

Old 08-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
Wow that basically doubles what they were making all of a year ago that's good news. But there seems to be a lot of distrust in the management there and mistreatment of pilots, has this changed??? I think there is even a whole thread on here somewhere of how bad it is.
The other point is the cost of Living in Connecticut is way higher than any of the bases at BTQ except maybe LA. Also CT has one of the largest population exodus of any state. So that 100K really just equals out. 70k goes a lot further in Dallas than 90K in the northeast.
At least you fly in Puerto Rico in the Winter the summers there are unbearable sometimes.
If it is that bad why many pilots are still there . Pilots who complain flew there for a year or less. Flip side of that coin , some demand more expensive hotels to stay , a company car for each pilot even complaining the pay should be higher so to include even ,, bar tab ,, ..TW did some improvements from better schedule to pay .
Now many do not understand 135 OPS and to them it s too much work. Schedule changed can happen yes ,you will have to work some long days of course, but it is not always like that. Before they got this job they had been told what to expect !!!! So some of them do not belong in this industry at all. At the end if we talk money I m positive no operator offers this kind of benis and pay ..