Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 10-23-2016, 07:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

If someone could help me please
Any news on hiring?

Is it possible to commute now with the CASS?

How the schedule looks like, is it possible to work like 10 days in a row and get some days off in a row?
Thanks in advance
Old 10-23-2016, 08:25 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
Ground is not hard. Buddy up with your classmates and you will be fine.
Ground isn't hard, but there's a lot of information, especially if you're new to the PC-12 and/or turbines. However, you're provided access to all training materials used in class (powerpoints, etc), a study guide, and items you need to know are pointed out throughout ground. If you take notes on those items and study the training materials, you should be fine.

Originally Posted by mike sierra View Post
If someone could help me please
Any news on hiring?

Is it possible to commute now with the CASS?

How the schedule looks like, is it possible to work like 10 days in a row and get some days off in a row?
Thanks in advance
Classes are filling up, word is they're receiving 30 FO resumes a day. Not sure about Captains. Competitive hours are now ~600+ for FOs, with instructor experience highly preferred. The assumption seems to be that all FOs will upgrade.

CASS is available but commuting is unlikely to work out, honestly. There is a policy regarding commuting but it's worded such that commuting is discouraged. Best to be in your assigned base.

The schedule is mostly out of your hands - you can submit preferences, but none of it is guaranteed and it's pretty variable. Next month I've got four days off in a row at one point, two days off here and there, and one day off here and there. You can also swap days with another pilot, but to a limited extent.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by RBZL View Post
Ground isn't hard, but there's a lot of information, especially if you're new to the PC-12 and/or turbines. However, you're provided access to all training materials used in class (powerpoints, etc), a study guide, and items you need to know are pointed out throughout ground. If you take notes on those items and study the training materials, you should be fine.

Classes are filling up, word is they're receiving 30 FO resumes a day. Not sure about Captains. Competitive hours are now ~600+ for FOs, with instructor experience highly preferred. The assumption seems to be that all FOs will upgrade.

CASS is available but commuting is unlikely to work out, honestly. There is a policy regarding commuting but it's worded such that commuting is discouraged. Best to be in your assigned base.

The schedule is mostly out of your hands - you can submit preferences, but none of it is guaranteed and it's pretty variable. Next month I've got four days off in a row at one point, two days off here and there, and one day off here and there. You can also swap days with another pilot, but to a limited extent.
Thanks for your answer. Really good info in this post. To clarify about my questions; I have 950 hours and just applied. Hope to get an interview soon.

My question about commuting is because my wife have a job contract until june in FL so I would like to still be able to go back home a few days a month until we can move to the base. I believe in that case ATL would be the best scenario, but honestly I'm open to most of the bases.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Thanks for your answer. Really good info in this post. To clarify about my questions; I have 950 hours and just applied. Hope to get an interview soon.

My question about commuting is because my wife have a job contract until june in FL so I would like to still be able to go back home a few days a month until we can move to the base. I believe in that case ATL would be the best scenario, but honestly I'm open to most of the bases.
They'll try to ship you to DEN.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
They'll try to ship you to DEN.
Is this negotiable?

Again I would prefer ATL but would still accept DEN. What I want is a job.

Thanks for your answer
Old 10-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Generally they check with your preferences and have had a"pool" for wanted hires but the base isn't available. Atl is pretty stacked from what I got out of my interview. Den/dfw and possibly pdx are much higher. So you could likely hold out for ATL but it would be a bit
Old 10-23-2016, 05:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flyoutaz View Post
Generally they check with your preferences and have had a"pool" for wanted hires but the base isn't available. Atl is pretty stacked from what I got out of my interview. Den/dfw and possibly pdx are much higher. So you could likely hold out for ATL but it would be a bit
Thanks for your help. I believe at that point the best would be go to DEN or DFW and try to move after being inside the company. My goal is to start flying asap.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

And things can change quickly. My first chat, DEN was closed and they said likely DFW but a couple days later some things had changed and DEN opened back up. That said, while not 100% its been made clear to me that often upgrades get you sent to DEN at least to start. Not always but often
Old 10-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flyoutaz View Post
And things can change quickly. My first chat, DEN was closed and they said likely DFW but a couple days later some things had changed and DEN opened back up. That said, while not 100% its been made clear to me that often upgrades get you sent to DEN at least to start. Not always but often
Thanks, appreciate all info you gave me...well now is the time to hope they like my resume and decide to call me. I already crossed my fingers
Old 10-24-2016, 06:06 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: PC12, Captain

Thanks, appreciate all info you gave me...well now is the time to hope they like my resume and decide to call me. I already crossed my fingers
Take what they offer. Get your foot in the door. You will get to list a base of preference on day 1. Commuting is not really possible in DEN, but going home a couple of times a month certainly is.

Good luck.