Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
Hello, all. I'm still quite interested in BTQ. I applied as a brand new commercial pilot with about 270 hours total time. I'm at 515 now. Should I reapply, or is there a way to update the application?
Reapply. Every 6 months is what webpage says. Or for significant hour changes
Old 10-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by New Guy 007 View Post
Do happen to know if they are still short captain's in atl?
ATL just got a couple new captains, so they'll be staffed for awhile.

DiveandDrive,

Keep applying, I applied every 3-4 weeks for a couple months as I got new ratings and more hours. Eventually they sent an email to setup a phone interview.

Also, for those that are interested in working here I would check out this months edition of Aero Crew News. It's an online magazine, and has a spread on Boutique plus an interview with our new Chief pilot. Gives a lot of good info on the interview process.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by ClarenceOveur View Post
Also, for those that are interested in working here I would check out this months edition of Aero Crew News. It's an online magazine, and has a spread on Boutique plus an interview with our new Chief pilot. Gives a lot of good info on the interview process.
I like how the first two pages are advertisements for airlines offering huge signing bonuses and then they ask BW if they offer hiring bonuses and they don't. Awkward.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by ClarenceOveur View Post
ATL just got a couple new captains, so they'll be staffed for awhile.

DiveandDrive,

Keep applying, I applied every 3-4 weeks for a couple months as I got new ratings and more hours. Eventually they sent an email to setup a phone interview.

O.K thanks a lot for the information!
Old 10-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

I reapplied. Thank you all for the feedback! Also. On their website, they have CASS listed as a benefit; any truth to this?!?!
Old 10-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
I reapplied. Thank you all for the feedback! Also. On their website, they have CASS listed as a benefit; any truth to this?!?!
yea, happened last month. Still waiting on agreements with whatever airlines. I've rode SWA 3 or 4 times in the past month but cabin only. So until the agreements roll in were kind of stuck from what i've been told. oh well.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:18 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Thanks for all the great info in here guys! I applied a couple months ago, had the HR interview a month ago, and just got word that they decided not to move ahead with the technical interview based on experience levels. I've got a commercial multi and IFR with more than 480tt and almost 100 multi. Haven't worked in the industry yet but based on what I'd read here I'd thought that would be enough. Was hoping for a MSP base since I already live in the area.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by ericrice920 View Post
Thanks for all the great info in here guys! I applied a couple months ago, had the HR interview a month ago, and just got word that they decided not to move ahead with the technical interview based on experience levels. I've got a commercial multi and IFR with more than 480tt and almost 100 multi. Haven't worked in the industry yet but based on what I'd read here I'd thought that would be enough. Was hoping for a MSP base since I already live in the area.
Ya its looking like the 500 hours is becoming more of a minimum vs just preferred. Good luck in other ventures and bet itd be worth trying again once into the 600 range.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Just got hired, but through all the paperwork I haven't really seen anything on KCM. Does BTQ use KCM at all, and if not, any talks of it?
Old 10-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by trc8301 View Post
Just got hired, but through all the paperwork I haven't really seen anything on KCM. Does BTQ use KCM at all, and if not, any talks of it?
We do not! Unlikely to be honest.

Also CASS is not working yet, they announced it about a month ago, but its really not CASS yet. Probably a couple of months, is what i am thinking.