Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

SeaPort closed its doors due to losing PDT, I'd be surprised if they made that decision before knowing if boutique was going to get the route or not? Perhaps it was the investor prematurely pulling out that broke the camel's back.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:00 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by FlyBoy443 View Post
Is boutique really getting CRJ's? What was the announced fleet expansion?
I heard 737's as most of the regional 50 seat flying is slowly going away. But we'll see which actually happens.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by Death2Daleks View Post
SeaPort closed its doors due to losing PDT, I'd be surprised if they made that decision before knowing if boutique was going to get the route or not? Perhaps it was the investor prematurely pulling out that broke the camel's back.
The loss of PDT was a small part of SeaPort shutting its doors. They also lost a line of credit that was keeping them afloat. Also lost 3 other EAS routes in the last 2 months to Boutique. And a few other items in the bankruptcy made continuing a issue.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

But Boutique Air is also heading down the same path that SeaPort did: 100% dependency on EAS revenues for their network and a VERY stretched network. I read on another board where someone compared the likes of Big Sky, Great Lakes (to some extent), Air Midwest that those airlines had extremely thin resources and look where they are today. Great Lakes jumped in to fill the gaps of Skyway, RegionsAir, and Air Midwest - and look where Great Lakes is today.

Just let that sink in.

I'm not saying Boutique is in trouble, but 100% reliance on EAS subsidies is not a healthy foundation for a company. Congress could decide tomorrow to not fund EAS in FY17 if they wanted to.

There are only a very small handful of airlines that have little to no reliance on EAS subsidies -- Seaborne (albeit they get lots of government subsidies by other means), Island Air (Hawaii), now Silver, Mokulele, and Tradewind.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by loveme117 View Post
But Boutique Air is also heading down the same path that SeaPort did: 100% dependency on EAS revenues for their network and a VERY stretched network. I read on another board where someone compared the likes of Big Sky, Great Lakes (to some extent), Air Midwest that those airlines had extremely thin resources and look where they are today. Great Lakes jumped in to fill the gaps of Skyway, RegionsAir, and Air Midwest - and look where Great Lakes is today.

Just let that sink in.

I'm not saying Boutique is in trouble, but 100% reliance on EAS subsidies is not a healthy foundation for a company. Congress could decide tomorrow to not fund EAS in FY17 if they wanted to.

There are only a very small handful of airlines that have little to no reliance on EAS subsidies -- Seaborne (albeit they get lots of government subsidies by other means), Island Air (Hawaii), now Silver, Mokulele, and Tradewind.
BTQ has a few things going for it that Hellport didn't have. The big one being good management.

But I agree 100% EAS is not a good business strategy especially with the DOT shutting down routes.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by loveme117 View Post

Just let that sink in.

Yup. Wish they would get the charter side up and running again in case EAS funds vanish.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
Yup. Wish they would get the charter side up and running again in case EAS funds vanish.
The king airs announced for LAX will all be for charter operations, this was sent to all of the employees by email two days ago.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:02 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Alright now that CASS in on the table just curious if anyone can give me an idea of a schedule for ATL and DFW bases.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by Death2Daleks View Post
That's never any good. Or so I've heard.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by mkc1 View Post
Alright now that CASS in on the table just curious if anyone can give me an idea of a schedule for ATL and DFW bases.
I can't speak for ATL, DFW you're basically showing up at 12-1pm, flying til 8ish, back out to the airplane at around 5am, back to DFW by 12-1. Its not a bad schedule, the worst part is the silver city route, but supposedly thats changing towards the end of October.