Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Absolutely. Both soon and often are key here. I should have around 1000h in January, so hopefully they'll see me as a quick upgrade or something, who knows go figure. My buddy is super happy too with the operation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nope, they are going to make you apply to a captain slot, then back in the pool you go. You will get the call when you get to 2000 hours and are happy somewhere else.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Awesome 🤣🤣 I'll find something else somewhere else where I can practice my IFR before 121. Now I'm 135 VFR

Old 07-26-2017, 05:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Absolutely. Both soon and often are key here. I should have around 1000h in January, so hopefully they'll see me as a quick upgrade or something, who knows go figure. My buddy is super happy too with the operation

And they by time they get ready to hire you, you have hours close to ATP minimums so they don't hire you because they think you won't be there long.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

What a drama

Old 07-26-2017, 11:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Box Hauler View Post
Just curious to give myself an idea as to how I might rate with current pilots getting interviews. What are your hours?

Thanks
Box, I have just over 900 TT with 100 Turbine PIC, ~ 175 XC point to point, and about 65 instrument. HR interview went great, still waiting to hear about setting up my technical.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:12 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Box hauler, I passed the interviews when I had about 800 TT (mostly turbine), I'm approaching 1100 TT now.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2013

I applied in September, got my class date in June, completed training this month and looking forward to flying my first line flight tomorrow. So far I love the company and what they're doing. Looking forward to what the future holds. Also, just a heads up, from what I've heard, august class is full and I'm not sure if they're doing a september class.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Any new deets for street captains?
How long is training? What is the annual pay raise? Also since they need captains especially in denver, is there a lot of open time on days off and how much would that pay?
Thanks
Old 08-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
Any new deets for street captains?
How long is training? What is the annual pay raise? Also since they need captains especially in denver, is there a lot of open time on days off and how much would that pay?
Thanks
The website updated. Training about 2 wks *as planned allow, at full pay now. There's a bit of open time. Varies on your monthly hours but 100/200 a day for off day. Welcome to pm other questions
Old 08-06-2017, 02:29 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Default My Experience Thus Far....

I have been applying to Boutique for a while. First application for FO was sent in June 2015. (when I had 512TT) after re-applying many times, including the DFW job fair last year, I finally got my first interview (with Monique) in April of this year. I did my technical interview in mid May. I was told in my technical interview (with Dave), because I was qualified, I would be put in the captain pool. I didn't hear anything for two months, so I reached out to him and he said sorry, somehow I wasn't in it yet, but NOW I'm in the captain pool. And I asked if it was a different process for captains and was assured, it was almost the same for both. Again, have heard nothing since June (my two year anniversary for applying). I have emailed Dave 3 times now, as I was told to send him frequent resume updates as I continue flying, and have received 3 automated replies that his email has been disconnected. I then emailed Monique, a month ago, explaining all this and haven't heard anything.... I now have 2000 TT and over 1800 PIC and over 2 years of flying with passengers. I received an automated email that said I was on the "short list" for any base, a while back and was really hoping that would mean something. And watching two of my former co-workers (both below 1000TT) walk into FO spots in DFW (after I suggested they apply when I did again in April, and both of them just got done with training and are now flying with Boutique) My former co-workers said that there was a strong chance that there wasn't a September class, so if I didn't get August, I'd have to wait two more months... And here I am. I wish I had just stayed in the FO pool. If there is a "short end of the stick" I've been beaten with it. If anyone has any info on why the hiring process is the way it is, or any insight into future class dates, feel free to respond or DM me. Any info is much appreciated. Good luck to all still waiting to hear back! It's 50/50 on whether you get called. Keep your fingers crossed.