Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 07:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by jeffpete View Post
Any new hire captains going to LAX? I'm sitting at 1200tt with a little over 400 in the PC-12.
As far as I know there are no openings in: LAX, PHX or DFW for captains , only Denver and maybe Atlanta at the moment .

First officers is a different story.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by AVIATOR3 View Post
What's the current deal with FOs for LAX?
Old 04-19-2016, 08:59 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: PC-12 FO

As far as I know there are no openings in: LAX, PHX or DFW for captains , only Denver and maybe Atlanta at the moment .

Gotcha. Any idea how popular it is? If it does open up, how likely is it to be filled?

In the meantime, how tough is it to commute without CASS?
Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jeffpete View Post
Gotcha. Any idea how popular it is? If it does open up, how likely is it to be filled?

In the meantime, how tough is it to commute without CASS?
There may be some openings in LAX for FO's in the next few months, as some guys may be moving on to bigger things.

We have an agreement with Southwest and Virgin America, its cabin only, i get around a lot with southwest, they're really good.

We can only hope CASS comes around soon, and than it will be easier, we have some airlines which we have already talked to, but we need CASS to make it happen. So CASS will open many doors.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:42 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2016

I have 320TT and just finished up Commercial ASEL. I was wondering, for 135 SIC positions like Boutique and Mokulele, would it be wise to have a fresh instrument proficiency check before going into an interview. Or does the ground and flight training they do take care of instrument currency. I have not done approaches in a year. I am refreshing my knowledge of IFR ops currently. I would just like to know if its necessary or not to spend the $$$ on an IPC.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2016, 09:25 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: PC-12 FO

There may be some openings in LAX for FO's in the next few months, as some guys may be moving on to bigger things.

We have an agreement with Southwest and Virgin America, its cabin only, i get around a lot with southwest, they're really good.

We can only hope CASS comes around soon, and than it will be easier, we have some airlines which we have already talked to, but we need CASS to make it happen. So CASS will open many doors.
Thanks for all the info! I have my stuff in so hopefully things work out!
Old 04-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by based View Post
I have 320TT and just finished up Commercial ASEL. I was wondering, for 135 SIC positions like Boutique and Mokulele, would it be wise to have a fresh instrument proficiency check before going into an interview. Or does the ground and flight training they do take care of instrument currency. I have not done approaches in a year. I am refreshing my knowledge of IFR ops currently. I would just like to know if its necessary or not to spend the $$$ on an IPC.

Thanks!
Is an IPC required for an interview or to get hired? No, not necessarily. It would definitely help you brush up on your instrument skills, though. It would be beneficial to you both during the interview and training. I know personally I can get rusty on IFR knowledge really quick unless I constantly review certain topics.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by OkStateBryan View Post
Is an IPC required for an interview or to get hired? No, not necessarily. It would definitely help you brush up on your instrument skills, though. It would be beneficial to you both during the interview and training. I know personally I can get rusty on IFR knowledge really quick unless I constantly review certain topics.
Bryan is right it's helpful . Specially with the knowledge . But you get a 135.293 sign off which is considered an IPC and a biannual all at the same time .

But it's highly recommended .
Old 04-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Got through reading this entire thread. Bryan, Aviator - thanks for taking the time to spread great info.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flexing View Post
Got through reading this entire thread. Bryan, Aviator - thanks for taking the time to spread great info.
No problem, i was in your position less than a year ago, and really wanted information on the company, so i know what its like. I'm still here, and happy. Upgrade came in 8 months to the date.

It's a great company. Attrition is not something we're seeing so far. More movement than anything. You always have some negative people, and those people seem to be showing their way out.