Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 03:13 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Is there anyway of knowing where you'll be based when you get hired? I wouldn't want to move across country and be sitting around only flying 25 hrs/month. Why so few hours? Is it because they are waiting for more routes to be approved?

Is there anyone on the forum who works for Boutique who can sound-in? The company sounds great, but I want to fly as much as possible.

Also, if you get based in a city that isn't flying much, can you transfer to another base when there's an opening?

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2016, 07:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by vdsteelman View Post
I applied last Saturday, got the email about scheduling an interview Monday and haven't heard back since. How is DFW looking for CA openings?
It's gonna be a while before DFW is hiring for street captains. I know of 2 in DEN looking to move back there as soon as there's a slot.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by 68cobra View Post
Is there anyway of knowing where you'll be based when you get hired? I wouldn't want to move across country and be sitting around only flying 25 hrs/month. Why so few hours? Is it because they are waiting for more routes to be approved?

Is there anyone on the forum who works for Boutique who can sound-in? The company sounds great, but I want to fly as much as possible.

Also, if you get based in a city that isn't flying much, can you transfer to another base when there's an opening?

Thanks!
In the past we've hired straight to a base, so you knew where you were gonna be based. I haven't heard about that changing, but I'm not to familiar with hiring processes anymore. Phoenix is kind of an outlier in terms of hours. In Denver most everyone is in the 70-90 hour range this month.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by flydaho View Post
In the past we've hired straight to a base, so you knew where you were gonna be based. I haven't heard about that changing, but I'm not to familiar with hiring processes anymore. Phoenix is kind of an outlier in terms of hours. In Denver most everyone is in the 70-90 hour range this month.
They are asking captains in Phoenix to move to Denver, asking for 3 volunteers with a 3K Bonus for making the move.

Pilots in Phoenix are flying an average of 30 hours per month. Lots of days off.

We may in the future have for room for First Officers, I do not see an opening in PHX for Captains in a long time. Hope this helps for those people seeking PHX.

Denver is where all of the hiring is happening right now, some first officers and captains were flying over 90 hours last month.

LAX, DFW will be stagnant for a while. ATL I honestly have no clue, I keep forgetting we have that base.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by P1lotseanjr View Post
I talked to an FO out of PHX and he said hes getting around 25 hrs a month right now. Im sure alot has to do with the rebidding of the Sholow route at the moment.
Ouch. I'm flying 80+ hours on average right now and my logbook is loving it. Still getting a bunch of days off a month.

ATL guys are flying about 45 a month I think.

Originally Posted by 68cobra View Post
The company sounds great, but I want to fly as much as possible.
Go to Denver then.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Hi Bryan, just sent you a PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by AVIATOR3 View Post

Denver is where all of the hiring is happening right now, some first officers and captains were flying over 90 hours last month.

I am not really sure about that Denver hiring, I've heard nothing but crickets after submitting app. at least 5x's since January. I haven't even heard a thanks but no thanks. So bizarre. I have plenty of Part 121 time (maybe too much) and I could start immediately.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:53 AM
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22
Default Boutique Air

That's weird Ellen. Has to be a timing issue in your case. You might get a call any day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I am not really sure about that Denver hiring, I've heard nothing but crickets after submitting app. at least 5x's since January. I haven't even heard a thanks but no thanks. So bizarre. I have plenty of Part 121 time (maybe too much) and I could start immediately.
Same boat as you, Ellen. My only thought is that there are still many CAs under contract since Boutique's expansion has been mostly in the past year. The need for street CAs may not be too pressing at the moment as I'm sure there are also FOs upgrading.

I could start immediately as well.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Saw a recent BA job listing (PIC) on Climbto350 with MSP listed as a base. The listing itself stated "We anticipate having a base in MSP here in the next few months." More EAS routes? Also, saw the K350 PIC listing (DEN) as well.