Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 05-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by u4gotthecoffee View Post
Hey guys just hoping someone can tell me what are the average TT's for the new hire FO's for the PC 12? If any of the new hires could post their times it would be much appreciated!
Last f/o hired into Denver had 1000 total time, I got on in February with about 800 and prior 135 experience.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

DFW FO. Hired at 440. Already sitting closing to 800 now.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:48 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Thanks for the responses guys, I welcome any others to share their numbers as well. OKStBryan, what instructor ratings do you have if you don't mind me asking? Considering that your time is much lower, I'm curious to know if you think, or if the company alluded to, that you having a bachelors degree made you more competitive at 440TT than other applicants with higher times.

Is anyone else familiar with whether or not the company looks favorably toward those with bachelors degrees and as a result may hire those who do hold one with lower times? Any other thoughts on what the company likes to see would be much appreciated.

I have a navy background, just graduated from TCU with a geography degree, and have 310 TT - working on my CFI certs - thanks again for your responses!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015

Thanks for the responses guys, I welcome any others to share their numbers as well. OKStBryan, what instructor ratings do you have if you don't mind me asking? Considering that your time is much lower, I'm curious to know if you think, or if the company alluded to, that you having a bachelors degree made you more competitive at 440TT than other applicants with higher times.

Is anyone else familiar with whether or not the company looks favorably toward those with bachelors degrees and as a result may hire those who do hold one with lower times? Any other thoughts on what the company likes to see would be much appreciated.

I have a navy background, just graduated from TCU with a geography degree, and have 310 TT - working on my CFI certs - thanks again for your responses!
First off. Go Frogs! I also went to TCU and am a DFW Boutique-r. I had about 600 when I was hired and I honestly don't think the degree was a big part of it. I think it really just depends on if they need people in certain places or not. I just happened to apply at a time when they needed guys for DFW.

But that's just my guess. I don't (and won't) really post around here but OkStateBryan is holding it down answering all the questions it looks like. Good luck everyone!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:59 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by tizzizzailslf04 View Post
First off. Go Frogs! I also went to TCU and am a DFW Boutique-r. I had about 600 when I was hired and I honestly don't think the degree was a big part of it. I think it really just depends on if they need people in certain places or not. I just happened to apply at a time when they needed guys for DFW.

But that's just my guess. I don't (and won't) really post around here but OkStateBryan is holding it down answering all the questions it looks like. Good luck everyone!
Thanks for the response tizzizzailslf04, and GO Frogs! Small world, never would have guessed boutique would have a TCU alumn! Just makes me want to work there even more .

Do you mind if I shoot you a pm?
Old 05-12-2016, 03:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

OKStBryan, what instructor ratings do you have if you don't mind me asking? Considering that your time is much lower, I'm curious to know if you think, or if the company alluded to, that you having a bachelors degree made you more competitive at 440TT than other applicants with higher times.
4 year degree in aviation (bet you can't guess what school). 440 hours. CFI/CFII with some Part 91 Corporate Jet time sprinkled in there. Didn't get around to getting the MEI because BTQ picked me up so quick.

Any other thoughts on what the company likes to see would be much appreciated.
Saw somewhere not too long ago that preferred mins are 500 TT with a CFI. We have pilots from all sorts of backgrounds and flight times though so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what they want. I think timing is a bigger factor here.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:59 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: A320 FO

Hey guys I was at Boutique for a year and a half. They treated me well. Good time builder and a solid company. It beats the heck out of teaching foreign guys. They grow overnight so if you don't hear anything I wouldn't sweat it too bad. PM if you have questions.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Set up an interview with Boutique for Thursday. 480TT and CFI. What bases are they hiring into? What should I expect for a phone interview?
Old 05-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by Random Task View Post
Set up an interview with Boutique for Thursday. 480TT and CFI. What bases are they hiring into? What should I expect for a phone interview?
Probably either Denver or Minneapolis. For the interview have ifr stuff down as that's the majority of it.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Random Task View Post
DEN and MSP.