Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

CRJ 200 Flaps

Old 12-16-2008, 11:08 AM
  #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Posts: 330
Default

You know you can speed back up to 215 with the flaps extended up to 20 as long as you are 200 or less to deploy them. It helps with the ATL downwind decents at 210 knots if you dont mind slowin down 10 knots for a quick couple seconds to drop the flaps and the speed back up again.

It's an option
Confused is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 11:09 AM
  #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JetPipeOverht's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Stagnant..
Posts: 438
Default

Ohh, so YOU'RE the guy bustin flaps
JetPipeOverht is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 AM
  #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: G550 & CL300 PIC
Posts: 365
Default

The new limitation is a flap operating limitation not a flap extended limitation.

200 kts to move them to 8 or 20. But you can fly as fast as 230kts with them extended.

As far as making it difficult, no, you just have to plan ahead a bit more if you want to avoid using the spoilers.
FlyingNasaForm is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 11:48 AM
  #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
mooney's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CL-65 captain
Posts: 2,244
Default

Originally Posted by Confused View Post
You know you can speed back up to 215 with the flaps extended up to 20 as long as you are 200 or less to deploy them. It helps with the ATL downwind decents at 210 knots if you dont mind slowin down 10 knots for a quick couple seconds to drop the flaps and the speed back up again.

It's an option
Originally Posted by FlyingNasaForm View Post
The new limitation is a flap operating limitation not a flap extended limitation.

200 kts to move them to 8 or 20. But you can fly as fast as 230kts with them extended.

As far as making it difficult, no, you just have to plan ahead a bit more if you want to avoid using the spoilers.
Depends who you work for I guess....at 9e flaps 8/20 200 kias IS a flap extended limitation.
mooney is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 12:28 PM
  #15  
Line Holder
 
OOInverted624's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: B747-400/-8 FO
Posts: 49
Default

If you need to get down soo badly...just throw the hydraulic pumps to ON and drop the gear...
OOInverted624 is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 01:01 PM
  #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: G550 & CL300 PIC
Posts: 365
Default

Originally Posted by mooney View Post
Depends who you work for I guess....at 9e flaps 8/20 200 kias IS a flap extended limitation.
Intresting
Originally Posted by OOInverted624 View Post
If you need to get down soo badly...just throw the hydraulic pumps to ON and drop the gear...
Why do you need all the hydraulic pumps on?

3 out of 6 work just fine for putting the gear down.
FlyingNasaForm is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 02:28 PM
  #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: A320 FO
Posts: 281
Default

We've got the placards with the 200 KIAS limitation here at Mesa as well. It's thrown me off my game. I know it's not the end of the world but it seems to take forever to slow that extra 15 knots before I can dump the flaps.
TurboFan is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
  #18  
Line Holder
 
OOInverted624's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: B747-400/-8 FO
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by FlyingNasaForm View Post

Why do you need all the hydraulic pumps on?

3 out of 6 work just fine for putting the gear down.

It will bring the gear down but there is a chance of getting a gear disagree. With flaps out of 0 degrees all the pumps are running. I'm sure at most airlines their profiles require flaps before gear. So if you can't get the flaps down turn the pumps on.
OOInverted624 is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:10 PM
  #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Colnago's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 710
Default

Originally Posted by OOInverted624 View Post
So if you can't get the flaps down turn the pumps on.
...but the flaps don't require hydraulics. What do you mean?
Colnago is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:28 PM
  #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
alvrb211's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,045
Default

Originally Posted by FlyingNasaForm View Post
The new limitation is a flap operating limitation not a flap extended limitation.

200 kts to move them to 8 or 20. But you can fly as fast as 230kts with them extended.

As far as making it difficult, no, you just have to plan ahead a bit more if you want to avoid using the spoilers.

The crj is very user-friendly when it comes to descending in a hurry. In heavier a/c, It gets interesting when you're at flight idle and all you can manage is 1200ft/min. Quite often, atc forgets that you just can't get down and they put you in a tight spot. Unlike the crj, the larger aircraft just won't descend without dropping the gear if you're complying with atc.

AL

Last edited by alvrb211; 12-16-2008 at 09:22 PM.
alvrb211 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Sbaker1595
Corporate
47
12-18-2008 09:09 AM
TonyWilliams
Regional
29
11-03-2008 08:30 AM
schone
Regional
28
10-14-2008 01:30 PM
Tinkerbell
Foreign
10
09-18-2008 10:39 PM
aviator921
Regional
23
08-14-2008 10:06 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread