Notices
Regional Regional Airlines

CRJ 200 Flaps

Old 12-16-2008, 04:33 PM
  #21  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: CRJ-700 FO
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
...but the flaps don't require hydraulics. What do you mean?
The B pumps run automatically with the Flaps out of 0. The logic is that it is a critical phase of flight.
jth029 is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
  #22  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: left seat of my couch
Posts: 8
Default

Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
...but the flaps don't require hydraulics. What do you mean?
When you put the flaps out of the 0 position the hydrolic pumps automaticaly turn on to open the gear doors. given you have the hydrolic switch in the auto position.
FresnoPilot08 is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
  #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Boomer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: blueJet
Posts: 4,370
Default

Originally Posted by FresnoPilot08 View Post
When you put the flaps out of the 0 position the hydrAUlic pumps automaticaly turn on to open the NOSE gear doors. given you have the hydrAUlic switch in the auto position.
Fixed it for you.
Boomer is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 06:23 PM
  #24  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: CL-65 F/O
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by FlyingNasaForm View Post
Intresting

Why do you need all the hydraulic pumps on?

3 out of 6 work just fine for putting the gear down.
Not as much as I had hoped... I've gotten like 3 gear disagrees in this past month. I kept telling my captain to "Caution G/D" and she's like "Oh no, it'll work just fine." She finally figured out what I was talking about after the third.


So since I haven't heard the official word about the flap limitation.... what's the general consensus? If I'm at 210, can I slow to 200, drop the flaps, and speed back up? Or I guess all companies would be different.
DublinFlyer is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 06:30 PM
  #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JetPipeOverht's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Stagnant..
Posts: 438
Default

dude, do you need 10 kts that bad ? set speed mode 200 DES and allow it to go to 210 if you HAVE to
JetPipeOverht is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 07:26 PM
  #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
submachXJ's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: CRJ -200
Posts: 131
Default

Mesaba's new speeds with new POM revision 11 is 200 to extend for 8 and 20, 230 extended and to retract for 8 and 20
submachXJ is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 07:53 PM
  #27  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: CL-65 F/O
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by JetPipeOverht View Post
dude, do you need 10 kts that bad ? set speed mode 200 DES and allow it to go to 210 if you HAVE to

No, I just found it an interesting topic to talk about rather than the same old topic of what airline is better than the other.
DublinFlyer is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 09:14 PM
  #28  
Gets EVERY weekend off
 
flynavyj's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SIC
Posts: 1,367
Default

Sounds like fun, i like my EMB, no flaps will descend at 1800 FPM below 10,000, and can drop the first set of flaps at 250kts. Rocking out Amazon Jet!
flynavyj is offline  
Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 AM
  #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: G550 & CL300 PIC
Posts: 365
Default

Originally Posted by DublinFlyer View Post
Not as much as I had hoped... I've gotten like 3 gear disagrees in this past month. I kept telling my captain to "Caution G/D" and she's like "Oh no, it'll work just fine." She finally figured out what I was talking about after the third.


So since I haven't heard the official word about the flap limitation.... what's the general consensus? If I'm at 210, can I slow to 200, drop the flaps, and speed back up? Or I guess all companies would be different.
Interesting, I haven't experienced that yet in the handfull of times I put the gear down before the flaps.

Good to know, thanks.
FlyingNasaForm is offline  
Old 12-17-2008, 11:45 AM
  #30  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: CL-65 F/O
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by FlyingNasaForm View Post
Interesting, I haven't experienced that yet in the handfull of times I put the gear down before the flaps.

Good to know, thanks.

Yeah its done it to me 3 out of 5 times. Now I just flip the HYD pumps on and it works like a charm. It scared me the first time it happened, but after a brief "holy crap" I reached over and put the flaps in and the gear came down properly.
DublinFlyer is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Sbaker1595
Corporate
47
12-18-2008 09:09 AM
TonyWilliams
Regional
29
11-03-2008 08:30 AM
schone
Regional
28
10-14-2008 01:30 PM
Tinkerbell
Foreign
10
09-18-2008 10:39 PM
aviator921
Regional
23
08-14-2008 10:06 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread