Any negotiation rumors?

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  20 
Page 10 of 54
Go to
Quote: Which is why the contract extension was the right call. Let’s just stop beating a dead horse and see what they do.
While we have this current MEC chair, my faith can’t exist. We going into potential merger with this cry baby at the helm makes me queasy. Having been through a merger and being involved with committees during the merger, we are screwed with him as a leader.
Quote: What good is this defeatist attitude gonna do us though? The fact that the Union was able to pivot and focus on a contract extension (pay rates) in the short term was a huge step in the right direction. We also have the JCBA looming, which gives us even more leverage. We’re moving in the right direction at least.
Optimism leaves one vulnerable to disappointment. I think people adopt a weary cynicism to protect themselves from a world they fear will let them down or hurt them.

#deepthoughts
Anything less than 30% is a waste of time. Gun for pay now fix the work rule nonsense in JCBA.
Quote: Gun for pay now fix the work rule nonsense in JCBA.
Exactly what Spirit’s NC is doing….
Quote: Exactly what Spirit’s NC is doing….
Yeah, but NK already has NK work rules.
Quote: Yeah, but NK already has NK work rules.
You’re ok with your work rules as they are?
Quote: You’re ok with your work rules as they are?
NK reserve rules need attention but lineholder QOL is great.
Quote: You’re ok with your work rules as they are?
Nothings so good it couldn’t be improved upon, but I like them better than yours. Conversely, your existing payscale is better.

hopefully the JCBA will let us make improvements in both.
Quote: Nothings so good it couldn’t be improved upon, but I like them better than yours. Conversely, your existing payscale is better.

hopefully the JCBA will let us make improvements in both.
For a first contract the JBCBA is decent. Lots to improve at both companies. We have our work cut out for us.
Quote: For a first contract the JBCBA is decent. Lots to improve at both companies. We have our work cut out for us.
The CBA is only good if the union defends it. We could have set the bar with the NEA grievance - had we demanded an actual resolution.

Instead, the MEC talked tough for a year and when the decision was potentially days away, they balked and recommended the membership vote to give the company the WIN in exchange for compensation. When the pilot group ratified the LOA, JetBlue knew where we stood going forward.
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  20 
Page 10 of 54
Go to