Xojet

Subscribe
44  94  134  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  154  194 
Page 144 of 221
Go to
So if you are not offered an in person interview during the phone screening, ur toast then?
Quote: So if you are not offered an in person interview during the phone screening, ur toast then?
Often takes a couple days to hear about an in person look.
So, you’re saying I still might have a chance....??? Lol
Not that I do much non-rev travel in my 121 world, other than commuting to/from work... but occasionally I like to take a couple days and go visit friends or family or a random place.. Seattle sometimes, Las Vegas sometimes, Tampa.. nothing exotic (although I’d love to if time and funds were better)
Anyway- I know with XO you keep the airline points from your “commutes” and the hotel points on overnights.
Question is- since I’ve never used that system before: how many miles do you need to get a free airline seat??
I’m interested in XO for sure, but if I could rarely go anywhere on my 6 days off without paying full-fare... I’m not sure it’d be the best for me.
Quote: Not that I do much non-rev travel in my 121 world, other than commuting to/from work... but occasionally I like to take a couple days and go visit friends or family or a random place.. Seattle sometimes, Las Vegas sometimes, Tampa.. nothing exotic (although I’d love to if time and funds were better)
Anyway- I know with XO you keep the airline points from your “commutes” and the hotel points on overnights.
Question is- since I’ve never used that system before: how many miles do you need to get a free airline seat??
I’m interested in XO for sure, but if I could rarely go anywhere on my 6 days off without paying full-fare... I’m not sure it’d be the best for me.

Between airline miles, hotel points AND credit card points if you choose to pay with your own card, they'll add up pretty quick. I'm 2+ years removed from XO and i've still got a nice stock pile of hotel points, even after taking a couple good vacations. The answer to your question depends on the airline and how hard you play the points game. You can get a free seat on SWA for less than 10k points if you book far enough out, or it can take 40k for a RT on United. It just depends.
Quote: Not that I do much non-rev travel in my 121 world, other than commuting to/from work... but occasionally I like to take a couple days and go visit friends or family or a random place.. Seattle sometimes, Las Vegas sometimes, Tampa.. nothing exotic (although I’d love to if time and funds were better)
Airline points take a frustratingly long amount of time to accumulate even if you get sent on the same airline frequently. However if you want to travel during a block of 6 days off as opposed to vacation you most likely would just be asking the company to send you to your destination once you're off rotation and then from your destination back to work.
Quote: Airline points take a frustratingly long amount of time to accumulate even if you get sent on the same airline frequently. However if you want to travel during a block of 6 days off as opposed to vacation you most likely would just be asking the company to send you to your destination once you're off rotation and then from your destination back to work.
This. It works great. Have the family meet you there. Done it a few times.
Flex Schedule vs. picking up extra trips
I've got the in-person interview coming up soon, and I have a quick question. If I'm looking to maximize my first year SIC pay do you think I'd be better off taking the flex schedule for the $7,500/year extra, or the 8/6 and trying to pick up extra trips on my days off @$600/day?
Flex schedule guarantees you extra pay. OT can be hit or miss.

FYI you can still pick up OT while on the flex schedule.
Quote: I've got the in-person interview coming up soon, and I have a quick question. If I'm looking to maximize my first year SIC pay do you think I'd be better off taking the flex schedule for the $7,500/year extra, or the 8/6 and trying to pick up extra trips on my days off @$600/day?
Flex. Most OT is gained from getting home past midnight on bad weather days in my experience. Almost never get called when I volunteer
44  94  134  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  154  194 
Page 144 of 221
Go to