SF340 - 6 New hire / 12 Initial Upgrade

DTW SF3 - 4
MSP SF3 - 2

December 15 class
Quote: SF340 - 6 New hire / 12 Initial Upgrade

DTW SF3 - 4
MSP SF3 - 2

December 15 class
Do you think it would be possible to hold MEM by the time training is done?
Very likely... when the initial vacancy comes out it reflects new vacant positions systemwide. Those positions will be bid on FIRST by current line pilots. Once the award is out, the newhires get to bid on what's left over. So... you may not see MEM on the vacancy today, it is very possible that 6 MEM saab FOs bid to the MSP and DTW positions therefore creating 6 MEM saab positions for newhires.

Newhires should pay more attention to the vacancy AWARDS and not the vacancy notices... except for the number of new positions.
Got a call today to switch from 1/5 class to 1/19... From Saab to CRJ-200. I declined, but curious if anyone else slated to go on 1/5 decided to switch?
You furloughed guys that are going to Mesaba... Are they asking you if you are to give up your seniority number at your current airline. I'm about to be F'd here, not really willing to give mine up. It can't be legal to ask that anyway..can it?
Quote: You furloughed guys that are going to Mesaba... Are they asking you if you are to give up your seniority number at your current airline. I'm about to be F'd here, not really willing to give mine up. It can't be legal to ask that anyway..can it?

On the first day of ground school you are to sign a letter resigning your seniority number at your past employer...
Quote: On the first day of ground school you are to sign a letter resigning your seniority number at your past employer...
And what do they do with that letter? Send it to your company?
Quote: And what do they do with that letter? Send it to your company?

Yes...........
Quote: Got a call today to switch from 1/5 class to 1/19... From Saab to CRJ-200. I declined, but curious if anyone else slated to go on 1/5 decided to switch?
I got the same call today and took it. I really wanted Minneapolis and am happy to wait two more weeks for that!
Seat-locks revisited.
Going back to seat-locks...I really don't understand who is bound by them and what the conditions are for releasing them, other than the avoidance of hiring street captains. The presentation at the beginning of my interview process was great but really didn't fully elaborate on the company policies. Are first officers also bound by the seat-locks, or is it just the captains? Are there any hard and consistent provisions for releasing them?

This is really directed to the current lineholders and more experienced airmen on this thread. That being said, I am putting this out there so that the new hires and less experienced guys and gals can really understand. These questions are also thrown out there without any real preference of airframe...like so many of the rest of you, I'm just thrilled to fly.

Thanks in advance...and Happy Thanksgiving.
392  442  482  488  489  490  491  492  493  494  495  496  502  542  592 
Page 492 of 675
Go to