AA Class Drops

Subscribe
67  117  157  163  164  165  166  167  168  169  170  171  177  217  267 
Page 167 of 281
Go to
Quote: First I wanted to say thanks for those who keep updating with the class drops. I saw the April class dates are the 2nd and 16th, does that mean they will run a class again April 30th or will it be May 7th to keep two classes per calendar month?
Plan is for 3 classes in April.
Quote: 47 ish
Goal is 900+ for 2019
Did anyone see the latest from the director of recruitment? He now says 750 new hires for 2019. Which is a big revision downwards and about equal to the number of mandatory retirements. So when you factor in the early outs and inevitable pilots going on LTD it looks like the AAL mainline pilot group is going to be shrinking. Not surprised.
Where did you see that from the director?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Did anyone see the latest from the director of recruitment? He now says 750 new hires for 2019. Which is a big revision downwards and about equal to the number of mandatory retirements. So when you factor in the early outs and inevitable pilots going on LTD it looks like the AAL mainline pilot group is going to be shrinking. Not surprised.
I saw that too. My .02 is it’s due to the S80 going away and the displacement training. Who knows though.
Quote: I saw that too. My .02 is it’s due to the S80 going away and the displacement training. Who knows though.
Probably the case. But the end result will be a smaller pilot group 1 year from today. We already seem to be critically staffed. They sure aren’t hiring like they expect a new set of scheduling rules in the next contract.
Quote: Probably the case. But the end result will be a smaller pilot group 1 year from today. We already seem to be critically staffed. They sure aren’t hiring like they expect a new set of scheduling rules in the next contract.
Valid points for sure
Quote: Has anyone been assigned an April class date yet?

April 2nd Indoc invites started going out today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Did anyone see the latest from the director of recruitment? He now says 750 new hires for 2019. Which is a big revision downwards and about equal to the number of mandatory retirements. So when you factor in the early outs and inevitable pilots going on LTD it looks like the AAL mainline pilot group is going to be shrinking. Not surprised.
For what it’s worth they revised the number downward last year too. Ended up slightly above the original higher number.
Quote: Probably the case. But the end result will be a smaller pilot group 1 year from today. We already seem to be critically staffed. They sure aren’t hiring like they expect a new set of scheduling rules in the next contract.
My my, how quick they are to forget last summer.

Imagine what this summer would be like if we had a pilot group capable of pulling in the same direction instead of where LiteSabre or CCI told them to go when it pinged with a reassignment.
Quote: First I wanted to say thanks for those who keep updating with the class drops. I saw the April class dates are the 2nd and 16th, does that mean they will run a class again April 30th or will it be May 7th to keep two classes per calendar month?
It’s not two classes per calendar month, it’s a class every two weeks. If a month happens to have three Tuesdays (class start), then the month will have three classes.

Concur that this is an issue of training capacity.
67  117  157  163  164  165  166  167  168  169  170  171  177  217  267 
Page 167 of 281
Go to