K4 Pilots Declaration Of Independance !

Subscribe
28  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  48 
Page 38 of 80
Go to
Quote: ALPA will treat us as if we were another regional airline. The larger pilot group always wins, especially at ALPA. This is a very dumb move.

I understand your concern given my past experience with ALPA.

As a regional pilot I felt ALPA was unable to represent us at the regional level due to the conflict of interest with the major airline. However, that all changed when I worked for a national carrier where we were not beholden to a major airline. ALPA allowed us to run the show, and whatever we wanted was what we negotiated, ALPA NEVER got in the way.

Given the nonsense that occurred during our last round of negotiations, I am once again ready to be represented by a professional organization.
Quote: It would be sad to see the k4 pilots go. Strength is in numbers and having your group go from a Union to an Association is definitely a step in the wrong direction.

I wish you guys luck but I truly believe that your issues should be addressed here within the Union. I've seen the ALPA side at my previous airline and can honestly say that the Teamsters are hands down better at this.

Good Luck either way in your vote.

If we want to talk about strength in numbers than I couldn’t agree more with your assessment. I am willing to accept joining an association with 59,000 members from 33-different carriers, as opposed to staying with a union that did not support our contract.
Quote: I am once again ready to be represented by a professional organization.
Im really excited to join a “professional” organization that scabbed the ABX strike. Can’t wait to have to make the decision of being a scab or having a job when 1224 strikes again.
Quote: Im really excited to join a “professional” organization that scabbed the ABX strike. Can’t wait to have to make the decision of being a scab or having a job when 1224 strikes again.
Yep what he said.
Quote: If we want to talk about strength in numbers than I couldn’t agree more with your assessment. I am willing to accept joining an association with 59,000 members from 33-different carriers, as opposed to staying with a union that did not support our contract.
Nice play on words but exactly the mentality that proves pilots are their own worst enemies.
Quote: Im really excited to join a “professional” organization that scabbed the ABX strike. Can’t wait to have to make the decision of being a scab or having a job when 1224 strikes again.
Not to mention that they allowed North American to furlough out of seniority order in an effort to screw the pilots at World Airways.
Quote: ...staying with a union that did not support our contract.
Support our contract? We have an ACMI leading contract thanks to 1224. I get it you're mad that you lost some money because the contract wasn't signed on your time table, but get over it. Because of the delay, we now have 6 hours less duty a day with the arbitration being awarded in our favor. Well worth it...
I hadn't heard 1224 won the arbitration. So you guys maybe missed out on a pay raise for a few months but thanks to DW/1224 got a better contract than those pushing for ALPA even wanted and helped raise the bar for the industry. I say maybe a few months because wasn't Connie playing games at the same time, retracting his offer at one point? Who's to say it would have happened much quicker without DW getting involved. Seems like 1224 is doing great things for ACMI, I can't wait till we can tell Atlas to pound sand with their first offer that will surely be a disappointment. It'll definitely be a pay raise but I'll gladly vote it down or support the union if they don't even put it to a vote over ****ty work rules.
^^^ Winner winner ^^^
This says it all doesn’t it?
28  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  48 
Page 38 of 80
Go to