Hiring to resume in earnest

Subscribe
20  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  40 
Page 30 of 58
Go to
And, the money goes a lot farther, as you will more likely die 10 years, or more, earlier. I aged 15 years, in 5 flying long haul. Others do better than me. Good on em.

My dream job is 1 day turns, or 2 day trans-cons, and I have done both. Currently doing the former.
Quote: No but the radiation can be absorbed through your skin to your brain. Don't believe me if you don't want but she gave me plenty of sources to verify what she told me. Boeing knows about it, FAA knows about it. Flying in general is bad but up at the poles its REALLY bad. Sunscreen can help.
Depends on what radiation you're talking about. If you mean UV A/B, sunblock will block that, but so does the skin of the airplane. If you're referring to the broad mix of ionizing particles that stream right through the hull of the aircraft, sunblock lotion is useless. There are numerous fact based publications about Occupational Hazards of cosmic radiation. ALPA the FAA, NOAA, and CDC all have PDFs on the subject if you Google it. You are correct in saying that flight over the poles does increase your exposure. The sunblock isn't going to help, but it certainly would hurt if it makes you feel better .
Back on topic, Crew resources update on skynet is out and the upcoming bid is sizeable.. around 120 left seat vacancies in a wide mix of categories / bases!
Quote: I plan on narrow body captain till I retire.. father died of a brain tumor and neurologist said she sees a lot of wide body international pilots with brain tumors. She says domestic is much safer and wear sunscreen. So has nothing to do with "wanting the fourth stripe" I just dont want to put my body through that.
IF you fly the 787 the radiation is greatly reduced. The flight deck is completely shrouded in Copper as are the windows. It is so locked up in there your phone won't even work.
This is what I wear at cruise. Studies show that it minimizes the risk of gamma's and what not. Better even, than tinfoil.

Quote: This is what I wear at cruise. Studies show that it minimizes the risk of gamma's and what not. Better even, than tinfoil.

Years ago, in SFO, there was a captain that would cover himself with paper towels once the airplane got up to cruise. His fellow crew members referred to him as "the mummy". Life is often stranger than fiction .
"I expect each unfilled vacancy from this bid to result in a new-hire or furlough returnee. Vacancy 18-01V2 had 39 unfilled vacancies and I expect this current vacancy to generate upwards of 200 unfilled vacancies. While some of these may expire and need to be refreshed in future vacancies, the resulting 235 new or returning pilots provides over half our summer 2018 need. In addition, we anticipate additional new hires in the fall to support 2019 flying levels."
Quote: "I expect each unfilled vacancy from this bid to result in a new-hire or furlough returnee. Vacancy 18-01V2 had 39 unfilled vacancies and I expect this current vacancy to generate upwards of 200 unfilled vacancies. While some of these may expire and need to be refreshed in future vacancies, the resulting 235 new or returning pilots provides over half our summer 2018 need. In addition, we anticipate additional new hires in the fall to support 2019 flying levels."
I read that and don't see the "1200" number that has been tossed around for next year. I am seeing more in the 700-800 range
Quote: I read that and don't see the "1200" number that has been tossed around for next year. I am seeing more in the 700-800 range
Wasn't the 1200 number between now and 2019?
Quote: Wasn't the 1200 number between now and 2019?
yes it is.
20  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  40 
Page 30 of 58
Go to