New Hire Classes and Drops

Subscribe
180  230  270  276  277  278  279  280  281  282  283  284  290  330  380 
Page 280 of 402
Go to
Quote: No, I'm saying that under our current rules, people are frequently transitioned to SC and you shouldn’t bet on staying on LCR. Living outside of the 2.5 hr report for duty window would require you to deal with crash pads or hotels like most commuters. We also don’t know what the next contract will say or how long it will be before we get to that stage. I agree that it won’t get worse, but how much better it gets is the question we aren’t going to know for a while.
got it… true.
Quote: Thank you for the information, it does help. And the end of your comment leads me to my next big question:

What about commuting to LCR as a WB FO? That's actually what I was most interested in (commuting AUS to EWR or SFO), and now I'm very curious if that might be a little better than what I'm hearing about commuting to LCR in general.
I’ve done the AUS to EWR commute for my previous regional. It was okay. Not a lot of competition and I had about 3-4 flights a day. The flights were spread throughout the day so commuting in same day wasn’t an option for me.

I tended to commute the day prior. Getting home was doable too. Had more competition on the way home than on the way to work, but never missed a commute in either direction.

You also have Spirit that flies up to EWR, but that’s once or twice daily. It was a nice back up, but never needed to use it. I would definitely choose IAH as a base if you live in AUS. YMMV.
Anybody has info on today’s class bases options?
4/11 class

5x A320 (EWR/SFO)
32x B737 (8 EWR/24 IAH)
8x B756 (EWR)
6x B777 (SFO)
3x B787 (EWR)
5/2 New Hire Class
We have about 30 people in our 5/2 BI WhatsApp chat.
PM me for the link if you’re in 5/2 BI!
4/18 BI WhatsApp?
Anyone able to PM me for access to the 4/18 BI WhatsApp? Thanks!
Quote: 4/11 class

5x A320 (EWR/SFO)
32x B737 (8 EWR/24 IAH)
8x B756 (EWR)
6x B777 (SFO)
3x B787 (EWR)
Anyone getting LAS in NH classes?
Quote: Anyone getting LAS in NH classes?
Don't think there have been any unfilled FO vacancies left to offer new hires. It's going semi-senior as people use it to break a seat lock.
Quote: Don't think there have been any unfilled FO vacancies left to offer new hires. It's going semi-senior as people use it to break a seat lock.
Rats. Thanks. LAS local, looking to make Vegas my permanent home. I'm tired of moving and commuting.
Quote: Rats. Thanks. LAS local, looking to make Vegas my permanent home. I'm tired of moving and commuting.
While no one knows for sure as the base hasn't even opened yet, you should not have much difficulty getting there after the next vacancy bid as everyone that just went there to break seat lock moves to where they actually want to be.
180  230  270  276  277  278  279  280  281  282  283  284  290  330  380 
Page 280 of 402
Go to