Doubling the MRJ order???

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 10 of 13
Go to
Quote: Yeah I'm kind of confused on this one....

According to the all knowing wikipedia, Trans States Holdings has orders for 5 MRJ70s and 50 MRJ90s.... how is this possible with current scope agreements?
The orders were placed when everyone predicted the big 4 would cave on scope. They did not and now the orders are in limbo. It costs virtually nothing to place a aircraft order. 10,000 dollars will get you a 777 order. There is little risk in placing orders.
If TSA accepts delivery of a MRJ-90 that is when they will be in violation of their contracts with the majors.
Quote: The orders were placed when everyone predicted the big 4 would cave on scope. They did not and now the orders are in limbo. It costs virtually nothing to place a aircraft order. 10,000 dollars will get you a 777 order. There is little risk in placing orders.
If TSA accepts delivery of a MRJ-90 that is when they will be in violation of their contracts with the majors.
A lot can happen in 3 years!
Quote: A lot can happen in 3 years!
Let’s hope for the industry and the profession that nothing changes!
Seems like it would be a good time to allow an 89K RJ but reduce
the quantity by 30-50%???
Quote: Seems like it would be a good time to allow an 89K RJ but reduce
Not willing to open that door. If flying smaller planes isn't profitable, they should create more mainline jobs. Not our problem
Quote: Let’s hope for the industry and the profession that nothing changes!
Let's just hope you and your buddies at Delta can back up your big talk.
Not going to happen.
Quote: Not going to happen.
If you can predict the future that well please PM me some lotto numbers!
Quote: So you plan on being a regional pilot for life? Keep in mind you will have a career always at the mercy of the next contract. No one is however trying to take your job. We are however going to hold the line at a migration of additional mainline flying being outsourced. It’s interesting on the one hand you claim we are trying to take your job and another poster right above you claims we dont want to fly those jets. That claim is off course utter BS. We would be happy to have the next generation of smaller jets at the mainline just as we were happy to have the DC-9’s seating the same.
TSA can fly all the MRJ-90’s they want. They just can’t do it while flying contract work for Delta. They agreed to that when they took on those contracts. I believe that AMR and UAL have the same provisions. If we allow that flying at the regionals we cap our future CS100 flying. We are not going to do that short of another chapter 11 filing which seems highly unlikely.
You can say whatever you want but don’t claim that you care about me or my job.
Management would never buy into that. They would just buy more E175’s.
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 10 of 13
Go to