Swift Air - The truth

Subscribe
27  77  117  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  137 
Page 127 of 163
Go to
Quote: Swift, along with several other Airlines have applied for the Government help. I do hope, for the sake of my fellow pilots, Swift gets the money. Furloughs are probably being halted for now because of the strings attached to Uncle Sam's help. One of them, is that the Airline will not lay-off any of it's employees until September 2020. So this is a business motivated decision, not because the Airline is a sweetheart. I think the cargo business is great news. PAX business will not be available any time soon. And I agree with the management troll, DavidSpeaks , that Swift's saving grace is it's diverse business portfolio.
We were awarded the money and already told the teams that nobody will be furloughed or terminated due to that.
Quote: We were awarded the money and already told the teams that nobody will be furloughed or terminated due to that.
until Sept 30th.... then all bets are off.
Quote: until Sept 30th.... then all bets are off.
Correct. And the same would be true for any company that took the money. I was just informing the user I quoted because he seemed like he wasn't sure if we got approved for it or if we were or weren't actually applying for it. All bets are already off for any company that didn't get the money. They could fire people today. This was a good thing for the employees and there are people here trying to downplay how much this will help people out as we navigate the next few months as a society.
19 Deportees from a BRO-GUA repatriation flight tested positive for COVID-19 last week, says ICE Spokesman...
Quote: whats unbelievable
work is work
be glad we have it
use common sense to protect yourself
Remember this statement from the village idiot. This was back on march 25th. Now they are having DavidSpeaks push news about how good they are to us. Not about the health and wellbeing of " The Team " . Such BS. It's all about them. No one else.
Quote: It's all about them. No one else.
Why should that be any different than you or I? As far as I'm concerned, it's all about ME. As it should be. I could give 2 craps at the end of the day about any co-workers or the company. The only one looking out for my best interests is ME. And that goes for PPE, my health, or any other thing.

Expecting 'benevolence from others' is naive... welcome to Darwins world.
Quote: 19 Deportees from a BRO-GUA repatriation flight tested positive for COVID-19 last week, says ICE Spokesman...

Could happen on any flight, commercial or charter. Take provisions to protect yourself. Wash your hands, don’t touch the guards or detainees, don’t shake hands or be lovey dovey with FAs. This virus isn’t going away, how you keep yourself safe will make a difference just like not being around people sick with the flu, should be something you’re doing anyway.

Mainline crews have been infected too, can catch it anywhere. I bet ya a lot of people in the industry have had it and never knew it.
Quote: We were awarded the money and already told the teams that nobody will be furloughed or terminated due to that.
I'm glad Swift could take advantage of that. We'll get through this together, despite lack of leadership and management failures. We all have the capability as Pilots to take command of any situation and this won't be the exception. Hope everyone is safe.
Quote: Could happen on any flight, commercial or charter. Take provisions to protect yourself. Wash your hands, don’t touch the guards or detainees, don’t shake hands or be lovey dovey with FAs. This virus isn’t going away, how you keep yourself safe will make a difference just like not being around people sick with the flu, should be something you’re doing anyway.

Mainline crews have been infected too, can catch it anywhere. I bet ya a lot of people in the industry have had it and never knew it.
Ok. We could all eventually contract the virus.TRUE. Others at other Airlines have had it, some have died. TRUE. BUT this virus is NOT like the flu and SHOULD NOT be treated as such. Far more contagious and deadlier. Maybe not for me, but it would sure kill a Family member that may have an underlying condition at home. Please don't attempt to downplay the severity of the the exposure we all have operating ICE flights. Do they (PAX) practice social distancing? If you fly on AA today, they'll probably be 15 people on board and the sit you rows apart from each other. Does that happen with the deportees, guards and ICE agents? Has there been any communication to the crews on this matter? What action will the Company take if a crew member tests positive for COVID-19? Hospitalization costs, treatment, etc, who takes care of that? These are questions we're all asking ourselves. Most Airlines have already set guidelines and resources for employees and special assistance when crews contract the virus while at work. This is new for everyone, and We're assuming there is some sort of plan in place because there's no excuse for the Airline to just sit back and expect us to fly, no matter what.
Quote: Could happen on any flight, commercial or charter. Take provisions to protect yourself. Wash your hands, don’t touch the guards or detainees, don’t shake hands or be lovey dovey with FAs. This virus isn’t going away, how you keep yourself safe will make a difference just like not being around people sick with the flu, should be something you’re doing anyway.

try to find a commercial flight with 19 people on it
27  77  117  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  137 
Page 127 of 163
Go to