Envoy 2019

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32  72  122 
Page 22 of 229
Go to
Quote: Spot on ma guy . It does show up in the Activity Sheet.
For those like me that don’t pay attention to your Activity Sheet, it’s eye work trying to find it.

My pay comp auditor did respond and she highlighted where in the Activity Sheet it was.

I know, I’ll hear “what you don’t look at your pay in detail”..... No I don’t... sure I’m probably leaving money on the table but so far I feel like it’s all correct [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great other that you sorted it all out and I agree, it can give you a headache looking at all those numbers.

I am in the same boat you are in checking pay every time, I should do it more, but I just dont always have the motivation. If my check is within a couple hundred dollars of what I expected it to be, I generally chock it up to a misconnect or something I forgot about. Once it gets beyond that however, I start digging and ask pay comp to audit my pay. Each time I have had to do that, they came back with the reason it was lower and I was able to justify it.

Good luck.
Does the 5 hrs of pay for the voluntary seat lock start at award or after completion of checkride?
Envoy 2019
Quote: Does the 5 hrs of pay for the voluntary seat lock start at award or after completion of checkride?

. At award. Now, I can’t tell you when it actually starts showing up in your pay, only the minions responsible for that logic can tell you.

It definitely has nothing to do with checkride.

Quote: . At award. Now, I can’t tell you when it actually starts showing up in your pay, only the minions responsible for that logic can tell you.

It definitely has nothing to do with checkride.

The LOA says 'duration of the seatlock'.

15.J.2 indicates the seatlock (training freeze) begins two weeks prior to the day the pilot is scheduled to begin training. So I wouldn't expect to see it right away if you're not going to training for 3 months. That's just how I read it.
Quote: The LOA says 'duration of the seatlock'.

15.J.2 indicates the seatlock (training freeze) begins two weeks prior to the day the pilot is scheduled to begin training. So I wouldn't expect to see it right away if you're not going to training for 3 months. That's just how I read it.
My only pushback to this is that those that choose this route are sending in the seat lock for themselves vs company doing it due to upgrade etc.

My hunch is it starts the month following the award as the RF message essentially activated your seat lock.

Time will tell.
Quote: My only pushback to this is that those that choose this route are sending in the seat lock for themselves vs company doing it due to upgrade etc.

My hunch is it starts the month following the award as the RF message essentially activated your seat lock.

Time will tell.
That would be good if you're correct but your version shortens the effectiveness of the seat lock. The LOA directly references 15.J as well. I would like to hear from those that submitted their RF 1 VOL on a previous vacancy though.
Quote: That would be good if you're correct but your version shortens the effectiveness of the seat lock. The LOA directly references 15.J as well. I would like to hear from those that submitted their RF 1 VOL on a previous vacancy though.
Yeah I’m speculating on this. I’ve reached out to a P2P who’s information I trust and they are looking into it. I will update once I hear back.
Quote: If one has the option for the ERJ-175 sims in DFW or STL, is one training center better than the other?
I believe the STL hotel has free breakfast and free dinner. Save yourself money on food and blow it at strip clubs in East St. Louis.
Quote: I believe the STL hotel has free breakfast and free dinner. Save yourself money on food and blow it at strip clubs in East St. Louis.
Lol yikes. Between the food and east St. Louis strippers I think I would rather have DFW. In all seriousness though, it really doesn’t matter unless you live in either or can drive to either. Same sim company and same training.

In terms of hotel, I think the Drury is probably slightly better.
Quote: If one has the option for the ERJ-175 sims in DFW or STL, is one training center better than the other?
Both locations are a Flighty Safety and staffed by Envoy instructors. The sim in DFW* used to be in STL but about a year ago they moved it down to DFW. Some people claim that one sim is "better" than the other but neither feel quite like the airplane so unless you have to switch sims mid training it's not really an issue IMHO.

As far as the hotels, the DFW holiday inn is a dump and has been for years. The only thing they give you for free a coupon worth a few $ if you don't get your room cleaned that day. The STL Drury** is not only a slightly nicer hotel they give you free breakfast and dinner.

My personal preference would be STL for long term, or DFW for recurrent just to avoid the extra travel days. Unless you live in or close to either city in which case just drive.

*There are 2 Flight Safety locations near DFW. One is on diplomacy road south of the airport has the 175 sim. The other is on airfield drive between runways 35R/C and has the CRJ sim.

**I haven't been to STL in over a year. There's a chance we changed hotels.
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32  72  122 
Page 22 of 229
Go to