Training issues at SKW

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 27
Go to
Quote: Also I resent you assigning me the pronoun of "her", I don't identify as a him or her, a couple of years ago I decided to transition to identify as a 172 Skyhawk.
Transition, as in you went through with the change, like you use a different bathroom now?
Quote: I don't disagree with you, but I think we need to define what you mean by "systems knowledge" because clearly the company has changed that definition to be "what does the switch do" and that's about it.

In a 175, that sometimes works. In a CRJ I'd imagine it's necessary to actually understand the operation of the system beyond the little system logic that exists.

FWIW, I did fly with a CA that didn't even know our MLW and was planning on landing 3,000 pounds overweight.
What airline dispatched you to land 3000 lbs overweight?
Quote: Transition, as in you went through with the change, like you use a different bathroom now?
If they have a little airplanes room, I use it. Otherwise I offload my waste on the ramp like all of the other planes.
Quote: What airline dispatched you to land 3000 lbs overweight?
Sorry, I should have specified: It's the one I work for.
Definitely noticed a decline in systems knowledge with some new hires around 2017. Basic stuff like not knowing limitations, etc. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get rid of the EP&L test.
Quote: Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get rid of the EP&L test.
They did what??? YHGTBSM...

That was about ten pages of what you most need to know... was too hard for the noobs???
Quote: They did what??? YHGTBSM...

That was about ten pages of what you most need to know... was too hard for the noobs???
That was such a complete waste of time though. I always brain dumped that stuff within a week. Definitely need to know where to find that info, but memorizing it is silly.
I have copies of all the systems tests for the last 10 years. They basically have gone from some difficult questions at a basic Commercial pilot written test level to about 4th grade/Dr. Seuss level. EP&l test failures were hindering all the training going forward and thus omitted.

It's the tide of change......
As long as they know where to find the toner for the ACARS printer it's all good.
Quote: As long as they know where to find the toner for the ACARS printer it's all good.

There is toner on your ACARS printer?
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 27
Go to