Hiring / training

Subscribe
9  59  99  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  119  159  209 
Page 109 of 451
Go to
Quote: Den is shrinking again by 6 CAs
And 6 FOs.

I wonder by how many more they’ll shrink the domicile...
Quote: And 6 FOs.

I wonder by how many more they’ll shrink the domicile...
I've heard two things: 20 more crews and 20%

Sure hope it's not 20% and to be honest, that seems too much. Denver still has a ton of flights so I can't imagine it'll shrink too much more
How many new hires started yesterday?
Quote: How many new hires started yesterday?
Sounded like 48 was the number
Does Frontier hire pilots that have been flying Corporate/ Part 135 ( SIC ) jet time ? Would they hire someone with less than the 500 hours of jet time that are required?
Quote: Does Frontier hire pilots that have been flying Corporate/ Part 135 ( SIC ) jet time ? Would they hire someone with less than the 500 hours of jet time that are required?
Doubtful. What does the word “required” mean? But as for having a 91/135 background, absolutely.
I was on their website and it says 500 hours of jet/turbo-prop is one of their requirements. My long term goal is to work for Frontier and I am trying to figure out if I could skip the regionals and take a corporate/ part 135 gig until I meet the minimum requirement hours and if so will I be a competitive applicant compare to the regional guys who are applying. Any information is helpful to make my decision. Thanks!
Quote: I was on their website and it says 500 hours of jet/turbo-prop is one of their requirements. My long term goal is to work for Frontier and I am trying to figure out if I could skip the regionals and take a corporate/ part 135 gig until I meet the minimum requirement hours and if so will I be a competitive applicant compare to the regional guys who are applying. Any information is helpful to make my decision. Thanks!
Personally, I’d go the regional route. Just avoid Compass, TransStates, and Silver if Frontier is your end game because you’ll be at the back of a long line that you won’t be able to jump due to flow. If it were me I’d go to a regional that had a flow to a legacy and keep that in your back pocket as you try to make it to Frontier.
I understand. Thanks for your advice!
Quote: I understand. Thanks for your advice!

you'll get to 500 much quicker at a regional. Seniority is everything and you’ll give up at least 250 numbers per year it takes to get to 500. Most 135/91 don’t fly nearly as much. Sub 500 annually and you’ll get 8/900 per year at a regional. Just avoid the ones mentioned above. Personally I did the 135 thing and flew 200ish a year. Realized I was wasting time and went regional. At that rate you’ll potentially give up close to 1000 seniority numbers.
9  59  99  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  119  159  209 
Page 109 of 451
Go to