Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Subscribe
28  68  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  88 
Page 78 of 92
Go to
Quote: 1. Most pilots just use company paid Uber to get the airport. The company would also pay for “employee parking” if the airport offers it.
Not on the KA or Gama side. You're on your own until you enter the terminal building. Just another one of the sweet inconsistencies at WUP I guess.
Quote: Not on the KA or Gama side. You're on your own until you enter the terminal building. Just another one of the sweet inconsistencies at WUP I guess.
Is there work underway to harmonize these types of inconsistencies w/a timeline as to when things will be sorted?
Quote: Is there work underway to harmonize these types of inconsistencies w/a timeline as to when things will be sorted?
Who knows. Pilots will be the last to know absolutely anything about what's going on. You'd think some of these things (like the parking $$) could be done quick and easy. I guess not.
For the King Air type, do they force you to take the checkride with another person and therefore you'd get the "Second in Command Required" limitation? Would they let you take the checkride single pilot to not have that limitation?
Quote: For the King Air type, do they force you to take the checkride with another person and therefore you'd get the "Second in Command Required" limitation? Would they let you take the checkride single pilot to not have that limitation?
Yup. All training and checking is done as a crew. Nothing single pilot.
Quote: For the King Air type, do they force you to take the checkride with another person and therefore you'd get the "Second in Command Required" limitation? Would they let you take the checkride single pilot to not have that limitation?
Anyone who gets their type after coming to Gama/WheelsUp gets an SIC required. It’s not advantageous to them to do unrestricted types, since we can’t operate single pilot.
BE400 interview tomorrow morning!
Hello everyone,

My BE400 FO interview is tomorrow morning.
I’d really appreciate the interview questions/details and any tips the could help!

Thank you all in advance!
Quote: Hello everyone,

My BE400 FO interview is tomorrow morning.
I’d really appreciate the interview questions/details and any tips the could help!

Thank you all in advance!
How’d it go?

Looked over several forums couldn’t find answers to these questions…I apologize if it does exist and I missed it. What is the current timeline for upgrade? Is the step pay based off of years? If you upgrade or switch airframe, do you go back to step 1 or keep your step?

Thanks!
Quote: How’d it go?

Looked over several forums couldn’t find answers to these questions…I apologize if it does exist and I missed it. What is the current timeline for upgrade? Is the step pay based off of years? If you upgrade or switch airframe, do you go back to step 1 or keep your step?

Thanks!
If I'm not mistaken, you keep your step until the new fleet scale catches up. In other words, you don't lose money by switching fleets going CA --> FO.
Quote: Not on the KA or Gama side. You're on your own until you enter the terminal building. Just another one of the sweet inconsistencies at WUP I guess.
I no longer work for WU but I always expensed my Uber rides to the airport and no one ever said a word.
28  68  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  88 
Page 78 of 92
Go to