Prepare Yourselves... 2021 AEs

Subscribe
47  97  137  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  157  197  247 
Page 147 of 397
Go to
Quote: I don’t think they are even going to start scheduling training dates or events until the April AE is closed. Wouldn’t make sense to.
They already indicated they will be asking for volunteers to waive the 30 day notice. I think they plan to start training right away.
Quote: There seems to be a disconnect with how the company thinks conversions will go versus the actual language in 20-04.

Thinking out loud here:

An affected pilot doesn't become an active pilot until training (or conversion if no training is required). An affected pilot must be given 30 days notice before training. An affected pilot has no obligation to the company. And an affected pilot will not incur a seat lock on an AE.

Basically, my interpretation is they can convert everyone tomorrow if they want but that is not the trigger to move from affected to active status. So say April rolls around and they post another AE, and despite being awarded and converted on the March AE, I will still be an affected pilot since I haven't been to training. Therefore I will again not have a seat lock on the April AE award.

All this business about locking us all into this second AE award is suspect.
The problem being all of the interpretations. We need an official communication from both ALPA and management that says the same thing about how this is being handled. We’re set up for a fly now grieve later situation because they needed us all in training last month and they don’t want us to move and create more training now. They control the timeline and they aren’t going to delay for an agreement. It’s incredibly unfortunate how it’s going to play out and negatively affect more pilots who have already been riding the roller coaster of unknown for the previous year.
Bids are up. way faster than I expected

Is this a record?
Quote: Bids are up. way faster than I expected

Is this a record?
8 hours. Shows they mean business and need butts in seats ASAP.
Quote: Bids are up. way faster than I expected

Is this a record?
Unreal. They really want this done.
Looks like a lot of 220Bs and 717Bs are right back in their airplane but at varying bases. This training load doesn't look overwhelming to me but I'm no expert.
Quote: Looks like a lot of 220Bs and 717Bs are right back in their airplane but at varying bases. This training load doesn't look overwhelming to me but I'm no expert.
only X factor is the bottom ~300 didn’t finish training so even if they went 220B>UNA>220B they might require a full course
Quote: There seems to be a disconnect with how the company thinks conversions will go versus the actual language in 20-04.

Thinking out loud here:

An affected pilot doesn't become an active pilot until training (or conversion if no training is required). An affected pilot must be given 30 days notice before training. An affected pilot has no obligation to the company. And an affected pilot will not incur a seat lock on an AE.

Basically, my interpretation is they can convert everyone tomorrow if they want but that is not the trigger to move from affected to active status. So say April rolls around and they post another AE, and despite being awarded and converted on the March AE, I will still be an affected pilot since I haven't been to training. Therefore I will again not have a seat lock on the April AE award.

Not so. Once converted, you are NQAT, and in active status. I’m sorry to say it, but they are going to mass covert not only so they can train the short course/RECY ASAP, but more “importantly” (for them) precisely so the can give you a seat lock of you bid in the next AE. Mark my words.
Were there any positions not filled? Or was everyone brought back into a category to get them off of UNA?

Thinking out loud here:

Quote: Not so. Once converted, you are NQAT, and in active status. I’m sorry to say it, but they are going to mass covert not only so they can train the short course/RECY ASAP, but more “importantly” (for them) precisely so the can give you a seat lock of you bid in the next AE. Mark my words.
It looks like another case of “we didn’t think they would do that.” Of course most didn’t think they would be this far behind the power curve either.
47  97  137  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  157  197  247 
Page 147 of 397
Go to