Captain/Captain pairing NetJets

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 13 of 16
Go to
For what it's worth, top dog in Flight Operations was heard to say over the weekend in Augusta that NJ would be hiring "soon."

Third hand but good news if true. Poolies first I assume, but maybe interviews by the end of the year? Deities willing and the creek don't rise...
Quote: For what it's worth, top dog in Flight Operations was heard to say over the weekend in Augusta that NJ would be hiring "soon."

Third hand but good news if true. Poolies first I assume, but maybe interviews by the end of the year? Deities willing and the creek don't rise...
The eight people that are going to class this month is enough to hold over NetJets until the end of the year?
Quote: The eight people that are going to class this month is enough to hold over NetJets until the end of the year?
I have not heard or seen anything definitive about a pending class nor how many might be in it. I also have no idea how many might be in the pool.

Official info from the company or the union on this topic has been virtually non-existent recently.
Quote: I have not heard or seen anything definitive about a pending class nor how many might be in it. I also have no idea how many might be in the pool.

Official info from the company or the union on this topic has been virtually non-existent recently.
If the company hasn’t announced it then it’s probably not real. Bummer.
Quote: If the company hasn’t announced it then it’s probably not real. Bummer.

Not always. We’ve seen many times at NJ that they do something and then tell us about it after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Not always. We’ve seen many times at NJ that they do something and then tell us about it after the fact.

Indeed.

I was going to say that just because it hasn't been announced "officially" doesn't mean it can't or won't happen. Hiring is inevitable...it's just that we serfs don't know when.
Quote: If the company hasn’t announced it then it’s probably not real. Bummer.

Rumors are that hiring will be happening sooner than expected. Hopefully this rumor will be true. Looking forward to a formal announcement from the company confirming it.

I’m sure Netjets would prefer to be in a position of actively hiring since last month... the hiccup is the training department and Flight Safety are not not currently staffed to accomodate the new pilots. Especially with the flood of transition/upgrade training that they pushed through this spring. We have a choke point that needs to be remedied. I’m sure they are working on it behind the green curtain, but until they figure it out, they will likely not share too much information regarding the whole issue.
Quote: I’m sure Netjets would prefer to be in a position of actively hiring since last month... the hiccup is the training department and Flight Safety are not not currently staffed to accomodate the new pilots. Especially with the flood of transition/upgrade training that they pushed through this spring. We have a choke point that needs to be remedied. I’m sure they are working on it behind the green curtain, but until they figure it out, they will likely not share too much information regarding the whole issue.
Where I work, FlightSafety provides the sims and classrooms, but my company provides the instructors. This is not the case at NetJets?
Quote: Where I work, FlightSafety provides the sims and classrooms, but my company provides the instructors. This is not the case at NetJets?
We have an LOA that allows it, but it is very limited on how many of our pilots (I believe only SICs are allowed) are actually doing it. I'm sure many more could, but the company is hesitant so far on spooling it up since they need active pilots flying. It is also considerably more expensive for our pilots to instruct that FSI instructors. I would guess that a first year or second year SIC at NJA has the opportunity to make more money than the vast majority of instructors at FSI.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 13 of 16
Go to