Hiring to resume starting with 300 pilots

Subscribe
32  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  52 
Page 42 of 83
Go to
Quote: Last I saw, it ramps up to 200 per month.
That's very aggressive. I don't think that United's training capacity can handle that many on a sustained basis. I would WAG that not much more than 100/mo could be done on a sustained basis.
"we are cautiously evaluating manpower...."
Hey all,

I just put in my app in airline apps, and I got an immediate email, stating...Thank you for your interest in United Airlines and application as a First Officer.

As you may know, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we have placed a pause on conducting interviews as well as new hire classes. Currently, we are cautiously evaluating manpower needs and our ability to resume our selection process. As we evolve and processes allow, we will communicate when we have more certainty about our timeline.

In the meantime, continue to update your application in AirlineApps at least once every three months. Remember to update specific date related entries like passport expiration, medical and flight times including date of last flight and rolling 12 month totals.

We use e-mail as a primary means of communication with all applicants. Please ensure your current e-mail address is updated on your application.

We sincerely appreciate your patience during the time we take a pause in our hiring process. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].

Thank you,

United Airlines Pilot Hiring

did anyone else get this? Is this a thanks but no thanks, I thought United was hiring a bunch of pilots? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

thanks folks!
Quote: That's very aggressive. I don't think that United's training capacity can handle that many on a sustained basis. I would WAG that not much more than 100/mo could be done on a sustained basis.
I was just at TK and with the MAX sims up and running and the 2 additional MAX sims we just bought they can handle 200/mo.
Quote: I was just at TK and with the MAX sims up and running and the 2 additional MAX sims we just bought they can handle 200/mo.
TK's only part of the equation. There are also LCAs needed.
Quote: TK's only part of the equation. There are also LCAs needed.
True, but that doesn’t seem like an insurmountable limfac.
Quote: True, but that doesn’t seem like an insurmountable limfac.
What's the maximum number of newhires TK has done on a sustained pace year round? Better yet, when's the last time that TK trained newhires year round?
Quote: TK's only part of the equation. There are also LCAs needed.
LCAs can be minted in an incredibly short timeframe. If you needed it done ASAP, we’re talking less than a week from selection to FAA line check complete.

Been there, done that.
Quote: LCAs can be minted in an incredibly short timeframe. If you needed it done ASAP, we’re talking less than a week from selection to FAA line check complete.

Been there, done that.
Not true at United the process is months. That’s why there have been so many LCA posting over the last two months. The LSMs have been doing continuous interviews for weeks on all fleets.

we have ALOT of sims 200 a month is doable and planned.
Quote: but i think the issue is no one except the algorithm and the people who input the algorithm know what counts as being qualified!! Does it mean what the qualifications are on airline apps??
The comment was referring to the people who already successfully interviewed in 2019 in the Aviate program, and have met all the requirements to transition to United. Those Aviate participants are still waiting for class dates.
did anyone get this response when applying?
Hi all I got this response when I published my app on airline apps,hank you for your interest in United Airlines and application as a First Officer.

As you may know, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we have placed a pause on conducting interviews as well as new hire classes. Currently, we are cautiously evaluating manpower needs and our ability to resume our selection process. As we evolve and processes allow, we will communicate when we have more certainty about our timeline.

In the meantime, continue to update your application in AirlineApps at least once every three months. Remember to update specific date related entries like passport expiration, medical and flight times including date of last flight and rolling 12 month totals.

We use e-mail as a primary means of communication with all applicants. Please ensure your current e-mail address is updated on your application.

We sincerely appreciate your patience during the time we take a pause in our hiring process. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].

Thank you,

United Airlines Pilot Hiring

Any insight would be greatly appreciated
32  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  52 
Page 42 of 83
Go to