Upgrade times

Subscribe
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28  68  118 
Page 18 of 177
Go to
Quote: They certainly have the correct math/spreadsheets to only give you a partial vacation week your first year…
Lol. I got 1 day of vacation my first year. Any Sat or Sun in Sept or Oct.
Quote: There's a lot to fix in our contract. This is not at the top of the list, but maybe PS should be prorated for that first year.
I think people are suggesting this should be a give by the company because of it's impact on overall employee attitude, not something SWAPA should pursue as a contract improvement.
I guess I’m missing something here. When I wanted, and got the job, the last thing I cared about was whether I was gonna get profit sharing or not the first year. I kick myself for not buying a crap load of stock as it was $6.50/share then. 😝😝
Quote: I guess I’m missing something here. When I wanted, and got the job, the last thing I cared about was whether I was gonna get profit sharing or not the first year. I kick myself for not buying a crap load of stock as it was $6.50/share then. 😝😝
Will Rogers, America’s humorous, said the key to investing is buying a stock and waiting for it to go up. If it doesn’t go up, you shouldn’t have bought it.
Quote: I guess I’m missing something here. When I wanted, and got the job, the last thing I cared about was whether I was gonna get profit sharing or not the first year. I kick myself for not buying a crap load of stock as it was $6.50/share then. 😝😝
cool. Good to know. I'll keep your share of the profit sharing. I waited 26 months for my share.
Quote: cool. Good to know. I'll keep your share of the profit sharing. I waited 26 months for my share.
yep, a lot of guys and gals will be waiting closer to three years to maybe see some of that profit sharing.
Quote: yep, a lot of guys and gals will be waiting closer to three years to maybe see some of that profit sharing.

.... and bellyache how they need that money now and not in a qualified retirement account and gripe how captains and more senior FO’s shouldn’t have a say in how much PS goes into the qualified retirement account. [emoji12]
Quote: .... and bellyache how they need that money now and not in a qualified retirement account and gripe how captains and more senior FO’s shouldn’t have a say in how much PS goes into the qualified retirement account. [emoji12]
it works at other airlines..... wonder why there is resistance to choice at SWA?

If you want it in a retirement fund...great, want it now....also great! Seems like a win win.
Quote: it works at other airlines..... wonder why there is resistance to choice at SWA?

If you want it in a retirement fund...great, want it now....also great! Seems like a win win.
It goes back to how the profit sharing plan was structured back in the day...individual choice was not built in. Now why they can't scrap that old plan and write a new one that does allow such choice, I'm very curious.
Quote: It goes back to how the profit sharing plan was structured back in the day...individual choice was not built in. Now why they can't scrap that old plan and write a new one that does allow such choice, I'm very curious.
Duh….cause it’s not the way they did it in the -200.
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28  68  118 
Page 18 of 177
Go to