Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 06:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Pretty likely.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

They just sent an email recently regarding Fixed Pattern Lines. Basically 17/13 schedules that start on the same day of every month for the entire 2023 year
Old 06-30-2022, 11:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by 160to4 View Post
They just sent an email recently regarding Fixed Pattern Lines. Basically 17/13 schedules that start on the same day of every month for the entire 2023 year
Yup, it’s a sweet deal if it works for you
Old 07-01-2022, 11:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by Swakid8 View Post
Yup, it’s a sweet deal if it works for you
Exactly! Definitely something to consider for planning purposes and if you don’t mind having no variation (Groundhog Day). If you have some seniority you may want to capitalize on the less than 17 day lines that have been popping up more and more. It’s your oyster.

*Question: Are these lines considered Primary lines or more like Secondary lines with no BLG? I haven’t delved into these lines as they don’t align with my priorities.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Exactly! Definitely something to consider for planning purposes and if you don’t mind having no variation (Groundhog Day). If you have some seniority you may want to capitalize on the less than 17 day lines that have been popping up more and more. It’s your oyster.

*Question: Are these lines considered Primary lines or more like Secondary lines with no BLG? I haven’t delved into these lines as they don’t align with my priorities.
secondary… no BLG which hurts lol. But FPL are great for planning purposes
Old 07-03-2022, 11:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Swakid8 View Post
secondary… no BLG which hurts lol. But FPL are great for planning purposes
Thanks for the clarification. Definitely a good way to plan your life for the year with consistency with lower seniority. With a few years of seniority it might not be an issue. Having been sent home early a day or even two (twice) since Jan plus many Primary 30 day lines have been dropping to 16 days with even a few 15 days lines is a worthwhile gamble. Moving to the left seat with low seniority the FPL really does makes sense to be able to control your lifestyle as well.

*Luckily I a have no inclination to be MIA based. Flew with an 18 yr MIA based Capt who indicated their seniority actually fell back a few notches hence the reserve line was all they could hold. Wow, but that’s MIA.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Thanks for the clarification. Definitely a good way to plan your life for the year with consistency with lower seniority. With a few years of seniority it might not be an issue. Having been sent home early a day or even two (twice) since Jan plus many Primary 30 day lines have been dropping to 16 days with even a few 15 days lines is a worthwhile gamble. Moving to the left seat with low seniority the FPL really does makes sense to be able to control your lifestyle as well.

*Luckily I a have no inclination to be MIA based. Flew with an 18 yr MIA based Capt who indicated their seniority actually fell back a few notches hence the reserve line was all they could hold. Wow, but that’s MIA.
Last month I finished my BWI-MIA, and when I landed I had like 2 emails and 5 missed calls from scheduling. They asked me if instead of my overnight, I’d be willing to DH to Austin , do a AUS-RIV next day, and then home, 2 days earlier. I said YES!, why wouldn’t I go home earlier. Next day they added 3 flights and no more early home for me

MIA flying looks great to be honest, but the seniority situation is ridiculous.

I wish JFK 747 had the same flying JFK 767 does, it’d be the best job on earth.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
Last month I finished my BWI-MIA, and when I landed I had like 2 emails and 5 missed calls from scheduling. They asked me if instead of my overnight, I’d be willing to DH to Austin , do a AUS-RIV next day, and then home, 2 days earlier. I said YES!, why wouldn’t I go home earlier. Next day they added 3 flights and no more early home for me

MIA flying looks great to be honest, but the seniority situation is ridiculous.

I wish JFK 747 had the same flying JFK 767 does, it’d be the best job on earth.
Yowza, they pulled a fast one on you unfortunately. Maybe get the deal/agreement written in the notes/memo section to hold them to it. Snapshot it of course just to be sure. When you start the 74 long haul there will be times where they attempt to fly you over and above. Know the limits/requirements and you can have some meaningful gains in your favor. Is it the JFK 767 pax operations you desire? Ticketed front end on day 1 looks enticing? Europe centric? Or something else.
*While Afghanistan was a thing, it was a great run for some of us 74 folks. Some decent runs thru Dubai, India, Liege, Kuwait, Doha, etc. Fun while it lasted.

MIA is phenomenal for those who live nearby. Definitely a highly sought after racket, hence the seniority.
Old 07-04-2022, 02:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Yowza, they pulled a fast one on you unfortunately. Maybe get the deal/agreement written in the notes/memo section to hold them to it. Snapshot it of course just to be sure. When you start the 74 long haul there will be times where they attempt to fly you over and above. Know the limits/requirements and you can have some meaningful gains in your favor. Is it the JFK 767 pax operations you desire? Ticketed front end on day 1 looks enticing? Europe centric? Or something else.
*While Afghanistan was a thing, it was a great run for some of us 74 folks. Some decent runs thru Dubai, India, Liege, Kuwait, Doha, etc. Fun while it lasted.

MIA is phenomenal for those who live nearby. Definitely a highly sought after racket, hence the seniority.

Great advice and I'll make sure an email and/or memo goes with their words (especially on the 74 as you mention). I felt like an idiot for 2 days, but it was good flying anyways.
No desire for the PAX side, even tho I'd imagine the military crowd must be 100 times better behaved compared to regular passengers. Ticketed front end on day 1, and also last day on several lines. I'm from Spain, lived in Germany for quite a bit, and it really seems it'd be SUPER easy to move back there and make things work with scheduling. Plus I just love European destinations.
I bid ANC, but can hold any base at this point, including MIA, so I'll try to get intel from each of base, and see what I enjoy the most. I live in Colorado, so it takes about the same time going left or right really (pretty much).
Old 07-04-2022, 05:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by CRJJ View Post
Great advice and I'll make sure an email and/or memo goes with their words (especially on the 74 as you mention). I felt like an idiot for 2 days, but it was good flying anyways.
No desire for the PAX side, even tho I'd imagine the military crowd must be 100 times better behaved compared to regular passengers. Ticketed front end on day 1, and also last day on several lines. I'm from Spain, lived in Germany for quite a bit, and it really seems it'd be SUPER easy to move back there and make things work with scheduling. Plus I just love European destinations.
I bid ANC, but can hold any base at this point, including MIA, so I'll try to get intel from each of base, and see what I enjoy the most. I live in Colorado, so it takes about the same time going left or right really (pretty much).
‘ORD has the best 74 flying in my opinion of the system. You get a little bit of everything.