JCBA - Wishlist

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 20
Go to
Quote: Wow, way to overreact. Talking about reserves. Jeez use some common sense.
reserves don’t have to do that either…..

I stand by my comment, regardless of whether you were talking about line holders or reserves.

edit- just for the NK guys’ info. Once you get called for a trip at B6 you become a line holder for that specific trip. No asking to get released (if you are done with a trip) etc.
Quote: Reserves need to call to get released from the tail end? Yikes. That's not common sense except maybe in the regionals. At JB a reserve is treated by line-holder work rules from time of trip assignment until their next RAP.

it’s weird we agree. But yes, this.
Quote: reserves don’t have to do that either…..

I stand by my comment, regardless of whether you were talking about line holders or reserves.

edit- just for the NK guys’ info. Once you get called for a trip at B6 you become a line holder for that specific trip. No asking to get released (if you are done with a trip) etc.
You are still conflating TWO different things that I said.

One, yes reserves have to call for release at the end of the trip. I've never had anything added to me personally but I know others have, usually if you do it's just your next assignment i.e. finished a 2 day and assigned and out and back the following day.

Two, Alternate DH. If you arrive at your DH location, they must at that time assign you something else or release you IF you call to be released. Back to my original example, I landed in LAS on Saturday morning with a DH schedule for red-eye Monday, release and went home and was protected until the end of the original trip which was Monday afternoon.

It sounds like, I need to reread what was written, that JB has same/similar/better. Which is the point of this thread, why would I know anything about B6 contract if I don't work there?
Quote: It sounds like, I need to reread what was written, that JB has same/similar/better. Which is the point of this thread, why would I know anything about B6 contract if I don't work there?
Pretty much everything in the B6 contract is better except for "drop to zero." We went on for pages and pages and pages asking Spirit guys what other nuggets they had and all anyone could say was "drop to zero."
Sounds like their healthcare, dental are much better. And I would say the reserve GRID is the real shining QOL improver.
We need to get rid of the one annual system bid. I understand the logic behind it, but it’s terrible for the pilot group.
Quote: Pretty much everything in the B6 contract is better except for "drop to zero." We went on for pages and pages and pages asking Spirit guys what other nuggets they had and all anyone could say was "drop to zero."
So you have no red eye plus 1 ? Or same day starts?
anything to stop the ADG abuse where it be remove "average", get rid of in-base overnights, or something else that I haven't thought of yet
Quote: So you have no red eye plus 1 ? Or same day starts?
Same day starts aren’t allowed in PBS, but you can swap into one if that’a what you want.

what’s a redeye plus 1?
Quote: So you have no red eye plus 1 ? Or same day starts?
If you truly want to compare QOL provisions you are going to have to define those terms buddy. It’s necessary for an accurate comparison. Everyone calls stuff different things!

If u mean ending one pairing in the morning and starting one that evening? Answer is No, unless u waive same day pairing in PBS, or you pick one up.

By redeye +1 do u mean operating another segment after a redeye? We do have “redeye turns” but the have to originate and end in base and are generally built as standalone pairings…. Anything beyond that is severely restricted by our hours of svc CBA section.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 20
Go to