Ameriflight

Subscribe
85  135  175  181  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  195  235  285 
Page 185 of 567
Go to
by the way: all companies pay per diem on TDY.
Point is that AMF doesn't per per diem on a regola trip, in regional you'll have it anytime you'll leave your base, which is everyday.
At the end of the month is 4-500$ more that you make in a regional plus benefits like travel benefits for you and your family on the major that you work for.
Not to mention the ZED.
AMF doesn't have that.
Steam gauges makes a good pilot and i agree.
Problem is that if you want to go somewhere else the worl flys glass and the good companies also want you to have experience on GLASS, ACAR, FMS etc... that unfortunatelly you don't have at AMF.
Another problem you may encounter is that if you spend more than a year at a single pilot job, you'll get used you to fly by yourself so much that the day you want to do another job and you'll be in a cockpit with another pilot (which by the way are the most of the jobs out there) wou may not be used to crew coordination anymore and you'll have a problem during training.
That's what happend in the regional where i work right now.
PIC turbine time is not bad at all, it's just pointless right now considering the necessity of pilot.
If you guys check DELTA, UNITED, AA they are not looking for PIC time.
So if your final goal is to go for a part 121 job, AMF will be a wast of time.
That's why pilot are leaving AMF to go for a regional job.
That's what my ACP told me,
Unfortunately for them i had enough experience to understand that what they did was an abuse and that's all!
Quote: Steam gauges makes a good pilot and i agree.
Problem is that if you want to go somewhere else the worl flys glass and the good companies also want you to have experience on GLASS, ACAR, FMS etc... that unfortunatelly you don't have at AMF.
Another problem you may encounter is that if you spend more than a year at a single pilot job, you'll get used you to fly by yourself so much that the day you want to do another job and you'll be in a cockpit with another pilot (which by the way are the most of the jobs out there) wou may not be used to crew coordination anymore and you'll have a problem during training.
That's what happend in the regional where i work right now.
I spent the better part of 20 years in a cockpit by myself and I'd say that the crew coordiantion aspect of transition was the easiest part of the training/differences in adapting to multi-pilot cockpit procedures.
Quote: ..... and the tax structure of TX vs CA and it becomes pretty much a no brainer.
Seriously, right?

On the subject of taxes, I was happy to see daily per diem brought up on the questionnaire sent to the pilots. Money is tight, but we can make it go further with tax deferred options. I think HSA's would be a good idea as well.
Quote: I spent the better part of 20 years in a cockpit by myself and I'd say that the crew coordiantion aspect of transition was the easiest part of the training/differences in adapting to multi-pilot cockpit procedures.
I would have to agree with kimba based on the trend I've seen with pilots leaving our single pilot ops, as well as those who switch to multi crew within the company.
Quote: I would have to agree with kimba based on the trend I've seen with pilots leaving our single pilot ops, as well as those who switch to multi crew within the company.
Can you expand exactly on what problems you see?
I am relating my own experience, but it was certainly the easiest part of my transition, and I came from probably the worse case scenario/background for my present job (which is partly P135 - not P121. But we are just talking multi-crewed cockpit issues here right - not just P121 CRM issues).
PM sent .
Quote: by the way: all companies pay per diem on TDY.
Point is that AMF doesn't per per diem on a regola trip, in regional you'll have it anytime you'll leave your base, which is everyday.
At the end of the month is 4-500$ more that you make in a regional plus benefits like travel benefits for you and your family on the major that you work for.
Not to mention the ZED.
AMF doesn't have that.
If you had done any research, at all, you would have know this coming into the company. To me, it sounds like you showed up knowing nothing about the company, then acted all surprised when it wasn't like 121.

Quote: That's what my ACP told me,
Unfortunately for them i had enough experience to understand that what they did was an abuse and that's all!
It's laughable if you think what Ameriflight does is abuse. My previous job it wasn't uncommon to be stuck flying 12 hours, single pilot, living in a hotel all year. So yeah, you don't know jack about real pilot abuse.
85  135  175  181  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  195  235  285 
Page 185 of 567
Go to